September 28, 2024, 04:27:47 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

In this topic we try to expand our musical tastes.

Started by Daddy, May 16, 2008, 04:45:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

Quote from: not famy on May 17, 2008, 08:54:04 PM
lol Wu-Tang Clan

gimme some trippy ass psychedelic rock shit

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's solo albums (A Manual Dexterity; Se Dice Bisonte, No Bufalo; The Apocalypse Inside of an Orange; Omar Rodriguez) are my favorite of the "trippy ass psychedelic rock shit" genre, Pink Floyd is obviously a good one along with numerous other bands of the that time, and Can is a good one too. 

superclucky

Quote from: not famy on May 17, 2008, 08:54:04 PM
lol Wu-Tang Clan

gimme some trippy ass psychedelic rock shit
yeasayer
velvent underground  powerofone;

gimmie new hightempo
kewns are smelly

me003

Everyone Listen to Roots Manuva
And King Geedorah.
[spoiler=Roots Manuva videos]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hAJ-Bdm-igw&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wbuSdXKtJX4&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GlxKxMfpCb4&feature=related[/youtube]
[/spoiler]

And for anyone who doesn't listen to electronic, here's some drum and bass for you.
[spoiler][youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ps7trr_EbM[/youtube][/spoiler]
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Houdini

Quote from: Snorkel on May 17, 2008, 05:21:13 PM
My genre would have to be post-rock. This is a genre I don't listen to nearly enough... M83, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Red Sparowes, and 65daysofstatic are really all I have, and I feel like there's amazing bands out there in this genre.
Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Pelican

Otherwise the only genres I don't listen to semifrequently are various brands of really heavy metal, which I have absolutely no interest in. The closest I'll get to metal is Katatonia or Tool.
Queens of the Stone Age, Primus, the Melvins, Kyuss

Oh, actually, folk in general is something I don't listen to a lot. The Mountain Goats and various indie/folk artists like Sufjan Stevens, but not too much true folky folk. I'd take recommendations there.
Nick Drake

sans culottes

Quote from: Andrew1911 on May 16, 2008, 09:36:09 PM
for my genre rock i suppose  baddood;

I can helps, but what kind of rock are you looking for?

Not sure of my genre. I'd say rap, but come to think of it, I don't really like rap much, and though I can enjoy it, it's not really something I'd own. The genre I don't have too much of on my library is blues, but I know lots of blues artists, I'm just too lazy to get their music.
I support BUSH

me003

Samus Aran

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Himu

Rap.

Kanye West and Cassie and thats basically it. baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Co-Z on May 18, 2008, 10:41:37 PM
cool guy. sweet modern blues.

Indeed. Definitely my favorite modern blues artist.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: steal on May 19, 2008, 05:06:02 PM
someone recommend me some good black metal
That's not expanding your music taste. baddood;

Snorkel

Quote from: steal on May 19, 2008, 06:51:28 PM
there's only a few black metal bands i like, most black metal i've heard is utter shit

Ulver is quite good, but I would easily understand if you hated it

The albums Blood Inside, Lyckantropen Themes, and Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven & Hell are the best... the last is very artsy but in my opinion a masterpiece

The artist formally known

Quote from: Snorkel on May 19, 2008, 08:56:08 PM
Ulver is quite good, but I would easily understand if you hated it

The albums Blood Inside, Lyckantropen Themes, and Themes From William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven & Hell are the best... the last is very artsy but in my opinion a masterpiece
I never knew you knew about them, thats awesome. befuddlement

Themes from William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell is a soundtrack to a movie, and I assume that Lyckantropen Themes is as well.

You should listen to their newest, Shadows of the Sun. It's a masterpiece. I'd say it's my favorite so far.

Quote from: steal on May 19, 2008, 09:01:02 PM
I've heard a lot about them, but I've been reluctant to check them out for a while just cause they're black metal. I'll check out those albums.
I don't think I can ever like a band thats completely Black Metal (besides some random ones like Taake) just because I have to know that they're actually good at making music, Black Metal isn't the hardest genre to create music for but yeah.

Their first album isn't even that black metal but their 2nd is very very black metal.

Snorkel

Quote from: reefer on May 19, 2008, 09:29:09 PM
I never knew you knew about them, thats awesome. befuddlement

Themes from William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell is a soundtrack to a movie, and I assume that Lyckantropen Themes is as well.

You should listen to their newest, Shadows of the Sun. It's a masterpiece. I'd say it's my favorite so far.

Was it really? I knew Svidd Neger and Lyckantropen Themes were soundtracks, but I'm pretty sure Themes From William Blake blah blah was a regular release.

I'll have to check the new album out.

me003

Go Up