October 03, 2024, 08:31:19 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ALLERGIES

Started by Sam, May 05, 2008, 04:43:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

I can't tell if what I have is my allergies or something worse. But let's pretend it's allergies since that's what mommy told me.

So it seems every year my allergies hit me worse and worse. I'm not one of those people who instantly starts sneezing in the presence of pollen. In fact, I never sneeze because of my allergies. And I'm not sure if what happens to me is any better or worse, but it sucks jnnetheless.

When I woke up this morning, I had a small tickle in my throat. As the day progressed, it got worse and worse. And in fact, my throat had swollen so it became harder to breathe and swallow. Because of this, my natural instinct was just ton continually swallow (subconsciously). So this made my gag reflex unusually active all day. Which in turn, made me always feel like I was going to vomit without actually being nautious (sp?).

By the time I got home from school, my eyes were burning and watering, which actually made me feel like I had a fever. I couldn't handle this, so I took a nap. For three hours. In a sweatchirt. In direct sunlight.

When I woke up, I was sweating like a whore, and now I just feel even shittier.  Everything hurts. ;_;

Maske it better. ;_;

Do any of you have allergies, and how do you react to them?

1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Socks

Quote from: samsam on May 05, 2008, 04:43:09 PM
Do any of you have allergies, and how do you react to them?

No, I am not allergic to anything which I have encountered thus far in life.

I react to allergies with pure skepticism and disgust.

YPrrrr

I have no allergies, but I have asthma, which gives me some of your symptoms at times. When I was around 6 they had to take me to the hospital because my windpipe was practically swollen shut and tears streamed down my face.

If that's what allergies feel like, I pity your symptoms. Hope you feel better Sam

[hedy]Zidone

According to my mommy, alcoholic beverages.

Quote from: General Socks on May 05, 2008, 04:44:26 PM
No, I am not allergic to anything which I have encountered thus far in life.

Are you implying that you don't think allergies exist? doodthing;

wawi

I don't have any allergies, but I do get bad sinus infections once in a while

Houdini

Quote from: General Socks on May 05, 2008, 04:44:26 PM

That's pretty ignorant of you. Allergies are a huge pain in the ass.

Samus Aran

I've just got your average pollen allergies. So yeah, hayfever season can get pretty awful for me.

Socks

Quote from: Pmodb on May 05, 2008, 04:48:02 PM
Are you implying that you don't think allergies exist?

Nope, but I do think some are exaggerated and based on some shitty placebo effect, the brain is a very powerful and not yet fully understood organism which exerts almost total control over the body. As such I believe most of it is mentally based.

Sam

Quote from: Houdini on May 05, 2008, 04:49:25 PM
That's pretty ignorant of you. Allergies are a huge pain in the ass.

yeah.  baddood;

NOA_Haunted

I am allergic to everything in this world accept 2 trees, and a couple animals.

Houdini

Quote from: General Socks on May 05, 2008, 04:50:26 PM
Nope, but I do think some are exaggerated and based on some shitty placebo effect, the brain is a very powerful and not yet fully understood organism which exerts almost total control over the body. As such I believe most of it is mentally based.
Maybe you should do some research.

Samus Aran

Er...it might be exaggerated for some, but most people who state they have allergies are serious about it. It's a proven immune disorder and is usually diagnosed unless it's already obvious enough to the patient.

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on May 05, 2008, 04:51:14 PM
I am allergic to everything in this world accept 2 trees, and a couple animals.

And there's our exaggeration.

Sam

Well, considering I didn't realize it was my allergies until I was on the way home from school, I'm gonna guess it has nothing to do with the placebo effect.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Kaz on May 05, 2008, 04:52:35 PM
Er...it might be exaggerated for some, but most people who state they have allergies are serious about it. It's a proven immune disorder and is usually diagnosed unless it's already obvious enough to the patient.

And there's our exaggeration.
I am allergic to every type of grass, weed, plant. And the only 2 trees im not allergic is white pine. and red cedar.

Socks

Quote from: Houdini on May 05, 2008, 04:52:00 PM
Maybe you should do some research.

I know, still I'm skeptical only because sometimes when people have or do shit they supposedly cant have or do unknowingly they are seemingly fine.

Go Up