October 03, 2024, 06:28:57 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ALLERGIES

Started by Sam, May 05, 2008, 04:43:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on May 05, 2008, 04:54:30 PM
I am allergic to every type of grass, weed, plant. And the only 2 trees im not allergic is white pine. and red cedar.

Okay...doodthing;

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on May 05, 2008, 04:54:30 PM
I am allergic to every type of grass, weed, plant. And the only 2 trees im not allergic is white pine. and red cedar.

Why don't you go live in a bubble then? baddood;

Sam

1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Pmodb on May 05, 2008, 04:56:20 PM
Why don't you go live in a bubble then? baddood;
They only cause respiratory problems so I just have to take pills.

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on May 05, 2008, 04:57:41 PM
They only cause respiratory problems so I just have to take pills.

Okay, bubble with a medical ventilator.

... idort

Quote from: samsam on May 05, 2008, 04:57:17 PM
with me :3

Careful, he might be allergic to you!

Sam

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Pmodb on May 05, 2008, 05:01:23 PM

Careful, he might be allergic to you!
Pssh I can take a pill.

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on May 05, 2008, 05:03:09 PM
Pssh I can take a pill.

What if you're allergic to the pills? doodthing;

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Pmodb on May 05, 2008, 05:04:11 PM
What if you're allergic to the pills? doodthing;
improbable.

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on May 05, 2008, 05:06:41 PM
improbable.

Okay, I might as well just go right ahead and say you're an idiot. goowan

Daddy

Other than typical seasonal allergies that arise for a few days when it changes from summer to fall or winter to spring I have no problems with allergies.

Daddy

Quote from: General Socks on May 05, 2008, 04:50:26 PM
Nope, but I do think some are exaggerated and based on some shitty placebo effect, the brain is a very powerful and not yet fully understood organism which exerts almost total control over the body. As such I believe most of it is mentally based.
Except that fact that I went to the doctor after I developed a bad cough, thinking it was bronchitis again and I wanted to catch it before it developed into anything worse and my doctor said it was allergies and just to take some of the Walgreens brand of Clariten.

I went to the doctor thinking I had something else and it turned out only to be allergies.  Surely if it was the placebo effect wouldn't I have been diagnosed with bronchitis and not simple allergies?

Socks

I said some, not all.

Link

My main issue is with the cultural life style. Here every single thing from a scratch to a headache is treated like the end of the world with unnecessary doctors appointments and of course medicine replacing common sense and natural healing. Making individuals more prone to taking drugs insisted of letting it be, creating this subculture of drug dependent individuals. One wonders why there are seemingly more diseases, illnesses and deficiencies and fewer "cures" yet an abundance of drugs and deaths; not to mention secondary unhealthy problems they (drugs/artificial treatments) themselves cause. Don't try to exaggerate this point as medical science has greatly improved human health and some things do needs to be treated but most don't. This government regulated and sponsored relationship between drug companies and the medical establishment is corrupt and ineffective. So is the way our society views common place natural injuries and ailments.

Sam

Quote from: General Socks on May 05, 2008, 05:28:18 PM
I said some, not all.

Link

My main issue is with the cultural life style. Here every single thing from a scratch to a headache is treated like the end of the world with unnecessary doctors appointments and of course medicine replacing common sense and natural healing. Making individuals more prone to taking drugs insisted of letting it be, creating this subculture of drug dependent individuals. One wonders why there are no seemingly more diseases, illnesses and deficiencies and fewer "cures" yet an abundance of drugs and deaths, secondary unhealthy problems they themselves cause. Don't try to exaggerate this point as medical science has greatly improved human health and some things do needs to be treated but most don't. This government regulated and sponsored relationship between drug companies and the medical establishment is corrupt and ineffective. So is the way our society views common place natural injuries and ailments.

I don't take medicine for anything.  befuddlement

My doctor gives me nasal spray stuff everytime I go to the doctor thinking i'm sick with something then finind out it was allergies, but I've never used it. Because it's gross. I stopped thinking my allergies were illnesses a couple ears ago though.

Nyerp

I don't know if I have any specific allergies, but I do sneeze a lot.

Also, Pinkeh, there is a spell check.

Go Up