October 05, 2024, 03:45:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

wow, Netflix is pretty awesome

Started by Snorkel, April 04, 2008, 05:57:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

I signed up for a free trial of Netflix, to make sure I like it. I had completely forgotten about their online streaming thing... despite having to boot into Windows (which feels like stabbing myself and slowly dying in a dank room), pirate Windows Media Player 11, and fool it into thinking I had a genuine copy of Windows, I'm heartily looking forward to watching The City of Lost Children.

Daddy

Why do you have to pirate WMP when it is free?

Samus Aran

Yeah, my mom uses Netflix. I must say it's pretty cool how quickly she always seems to get new movies.

Snorkel

Quote from: JMV on April 04, 2008, 05:58:52 PM
Why do you have to pirate WMP when it is free?

Because when you install it it's like "you must validate windows" then does a sneaky check thing

it's not necessary to pirate WMP itself, I guess, just a registry crack thing

Feynman

you're welcome nigger

now stop buying dvd's

Blaze-Senpai

Quote from: Snorkel on April 04, 2008, 06:08:46 PM
Because when you install it it's like "you must validate windows" then does a sneaky check thing

it's not necessary to pirate WMP itself, I guess, just a registry crack thing
Surprisingly, my copy of XP I downloaded has had no validation problems, but I'm woried about what they are going to do with SP3.

Socks

Quote from: Kazarus on April 04, 2008, 06:02:18 PM
Yeah, my mom uses Netflix. I must say it's pretty cool how quickly she always seems to get new movies.

Well, it's one day after you mail them in. So if you mail them in the pre paid included envelope on Monday expect the next movie on your list to come Wednesday, and the NEVER screw that up.

Feynman

Quote from: Socks on April 04, 2008, 07:12:18 PM
Well, it's one day after you mail them in. So if you mail them in the pre paid included envelope on Monday expect the next movie on your list to come Wednesday, and the NEVER screw that up.

However, they don't ship on weekends. So, if you were to ship the movie on Friday, you wouldn't get the next movie until Tuesday.

Go Up