October 05, 2024, 03:46:12 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

"april break"

Started by Snorkel, April 04, 2008, 11:31:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

My school schedules extra days in the school year because we usually miss a few for sporting events (getting out early to attend state championships and things), and when all the days aren't used, they give us random days off. So now at the end of April we have a four-day weekend called "April Break. "
toot;

Samus Aran

Oh.

I get out of school May 15th, so I don't mind not having anymore breaks.

Socks

Nice, my HS used to add days missed, for any unofficial reason, to the end of the school year so we'd end up with an extra week in June. No one went to class or school in June anyway so it was all good.

Wrench

My school added an extra week to the 3rd quarter because of snow days and sporting events.

The 4th quarter is only 8 weeks now.  doodella;

bluaki

My school adds days just because they feel like it. It's not like we have any snow days. befuddlement

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on April 04, 2008, 12:50:32 PM
My school adds days just because they feel like it. It's not like we have any snow days. befuddlement
Hurricane days?

bluaki

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on April 04, 2008, 01:01:26 PM
Hurricane days?
We haven't had one of those for like five to six years or so.

Trini

April 04, 2008, 01:28:50 PM #7 Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:52:29 AM by Trini
Quote from: bluaki on April 04, 2008, 01:03:32 PM
We haven't had one of those for like five to six years or so.

I got some whenever Charlie and Francis hit. Whatever year that was. And power went out for a couple of days, so we ended school late.

But that was the only year I got hurricane days, and I'm sophomore that has been in Florida since Kindergarten. goonish
[CENTER][/center]

Kalahari Inkantation

I have a week off sometime this month, then only six more weeks until school is over. :(

bluaki

Quote from: Trini on April 04, 2008, 01:28:50 PM
I got some whenever Charlie and Francis hit. Whatever year that way. And power went out for a couple of days, so we ended school late.

But that was the only year I got hurricane days, and I'm sophomore that has been in Florida since Kindergarten. goonish
Yeah, same for me, that's the only hurricane days I've ever gotten. Well, I'm freshman and I've been in Florida my whole life.

Go Up