June 30, 2024, 02:19:05 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Led Zeppelin is, as of now, not ever going to tour again ;_;

Started by Samus Aran, March 04, 2008, 09:20:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/led_zeppelin_will_not_tour.html

Plant, you dick. Your solo material isn't that good. DO ANOTHER TOUR. ;___;

I really hope that for some reason this turns out to be untrue, though it seems unlikely. I suppose Plant might change his mind eventually...I really hope he does.

Discuss this sad news.

Daddy

I'm more interested in the ads.
[spoiler][IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/2bnq8l.png[/img]
Is that woman selling me a Rolex?[/spoiler]

but i guess that sux i dunno

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Yeah. As much as I was secretly hoping, I had a feeling things weren't going to mesh. Man, from the band's standpoint, I just can't imagine why they wouldn't, especially with the sheer multitude of people who would gladly give an arm to see them live again. Really too damn bad. Tickets would be a bitch to get though....

Samus Aran

Quote from: Boognish on March 04, 2008, 10:06:39 PM
Yeah. As much as I was secretly hoping, I had a feeling things weren't going to mesh. Man, from the band's standpoint, I just can't imagine why they wouldn't, especially with the sheer multitude of people who would gladly give an arm to see them live again. Really too damn bad. Tickets would be a bitch to get though....

Well, according to that article, Page and Jones were more than ready to tour again. But Plant said he just didn't want to, and that he felt they had already gone out with enough of a bang. Plus I guess he feels his solo career conflicts with a possible tour.

The artist formally known

I feel the same way about Pink Floyd.

David says Pink is dead and never coming back and wants to work on his solo crap.

LINK2K9

Goddamn you Robert Plant, goddamn you. Like Kaz said, NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR SOLO STUFF.

lol lara lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Led Zeppelin is going to be at Bonnaroo

lol nvm it's Lez Zeppelin

sans culottes

Plant's recent success is in his head. He's thinking "Bullshit, I don't need to play with a couple of old men anymore. I got myself a smokin' hot bluegrass chick to make music with. Thanks to my old age, my junk don't work and no one will know that she turns me on."
I support BUSH

Houdini

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on March 05, 2008, 04:30:32 PM
How do you know they'll never tour again?

I put "as of now" to try to convey that they currently plan never to again, or at least Plant does.

Regardless, I just hope he changes his mind.

Houdini

Quote from: Kazanova on March 05, 2008, 04:31:42 PM
I put "as of now" to try to convey that they currently plan never to again, or at least Plant does.

Regardless, I just hope he changes his mind.
There's still hope, at least until another one kicks the bucket.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on March 05, 2008, 04:33:22 PM
There's still hope, at least until another one kicks the bucket.

It better not be Page that dies next. :(

Houdini

Quote from: Kazanova on March 05, 2008, 04:56:16 PM
It better not be Page that dies next. :(
Actually, I'd kinda like to see a Jones and Plant tour.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on March 05, 2008, 04:59:53 PM
Actually, I'd kinda like to see a Jones and Plant tour.

I don't think it'd really be complete without Page, but who knows? It could work. Jones is certainly a very accomplished musician, and for all I know, a good guitarist, seeing as how he plays a shitload of other instruments.

I just don't want Page to die because of his influence on Led Zeppelin productions such as album reissues and such.

Houdini

Quote from: Kazanova on March 05, 2008, 05:01:28 PM
I don't think it'd really be complete without Page, but who knows? It could work. Jones is certainly a very accomplished musician, and for all I know, a good guitarist, seeing as how he plays a shitload of other instruments.
He doesn't have to play guitar. He could do synths or something.

Quote from: Kazanova on March 05, 2008, 05:01:28 PM
I just don't want Page to die because of his influence on Led Zeppelin productions such as album reissues and such.
Well, he has to die some time. Let's just hope his estate isn't pissy about reissues.

Go Up