June 30, 2024, 02:13:04 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Led Zeppelin is, as of now, not ever going to tour again ;_;

Started by Samus Aran, March 04, 2008, 09:20:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on March 05, 2008, 05:03:07 PM
He doesn't have to play guitar. He could do synths or something.

True. That'd be pretty cool, now that I think of it.

sans culottes

I don't want... anyone to die.

Plant's the awesome frontman, and Page is the beastly guitarist. But JPJ is a major part of Led Zeppelin, yet he gets the least recognition of all of them. Plant sang, Page played guitar, Bonzo drummed, and JPJ... he did everything else. He's like the Brian Jones of Led Zeppelin.

Sure, they'd be better off without JPJ than without Page or Plant. But what Led Zeppelin if JPJ dies?

This.
I support BUSH

Selkie

I guess I don't blame them to a degree.

I mean, why shoot to hell a perfectly effective and memorable band conclusion by doing some random tour as a bunch of old hags with no energy left? people want to be remembered for what they were at their height, they don't want to be remembered by that last concert as, well, as said earlier, old hags.

But still, as a band with so many young fans and people who adore them but never actually got to see them...they should just do the damn concert.

Houdini

Well, they're not even really Led Zeppelin without Bonham.

Selkie

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Houdini

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on March 12, 2008, 11:20:41 AM
Not the same.

Not the same... but better than nothing.

I saw Van Halen without Michael Anthony, but I mean, it was still really great. If Led Zeppelin was coming to my town, I'd rush to get my tickets. There may be no Bonzo, but it's the closest you can get to the entire band on one stage.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on March 12, 2008, 02:59:15 PM
Not the same... but better than nothing.

I saw Van Halen without Michael Anthony, but I mean, it was still really great. If Led Zeppelin was coming to my town, I'd rush to get my tickets. There may be no Bonzo, but it's the closest you can get to the entire band on one stage.
Michael Anthony wasn't as important to Van Halen. Zep without Bonham is Like Van Halen without Eddy Van Halen. And when I go to concerts, I go to here some good music. I don't care who's on stage. If the music's not up to snuff, then the concert is pointless.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on March 12, 2008, 08:43:15 PM
Michael Anthony wasn't as important to Van Halen. Zep without Bonham is Like Van Halen without Eddy Van Halen. And when I go to concerts, I go to here some good music. I don't care who's on stage. If the music's not up to snuff, then the concert is pointless.

Jason's still a good drummer. He's great at playing like his father. Maybe a little bit off, but really a good replacement.

And even though in VH Wolfgang replaced Mike musically, Mike was missed more as a performer. Ever seen him get drunk on stage and play a weird-ass solo on a Jack Daniel bottle-shaped bass?
I support BUSH

Go Up