September 29, 2024, 02:22:55 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How do you buy/steal your tunes???

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, February 26, 2008, 07:29:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

When looking for music, do you(primarily)......

Buy cd's/vinyl
5 (55.6%)
download legally for a price(itunes)
1 (11.1%)
unabashadly steal music through downloads
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

sans culottes

Quote from: LINK2K9 on February 28, 2008, 09:10:19 PM
I'm very tempted to start buying records, but unfortunately that means going to the moldy, old used hobby store (or whatever it would be classified as).

i once bought one from half-assed books.
I support BUSH

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I scour flea markets sometimes. There's usually some old codger selling hundreds of them.

:atomsk:

I mostly download it illegally, but if it's an artist i really like, I'll buy the CD or song i want from iTunes.

Daddy

Quote from: :atomsk: on April 03, 2008, 07:18:54 AM
I mostly download it illegally, but if it's an artist i really like, I'll buy the CD or song i want from iTunes.
Use Amazon's MP3 service; it's cheaper and DRM free.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Snorkel

I too am a connoisseur of sound, although my feelings when it comes to purchasing it are very political... I suppose of all the music I've ever acquired, the majority of it has been illegally downloaded. However, I'm very investigative when it comes to buying music -- labels, distributors, etc. There's a lot of distributors and labels I blacklist because of association with trade groups like the RIAA, who are necessarily destroying music as anything but a profit machine.

I always buy local and indie (indie label, not genre) on vinyl where possible, and usually on iTunes if there's no vinyl.

I always make a point of attending concerts of bands I like, not only because it's fun to see music live, but because bands actually profit directly from shows rather than splitting proceeds with different corporate entities.

FullmetalGanon

Limewire mostly. But I get my mixtapes from a site.

Go Up