July 02, 2024, 11:05:34 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

collective soul

Started by sans culottes, February 23, 2008, 02:09:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 06:47:47 PM
holy shit i forgot you guys had mod powers.

Um, okay. Very well then Mr. Link2K9. I DISAGREE. I find Pearl Jam's Ten, Vs., and Vitalogy albums rather good.

I can't stand them. I don't know why, but I hate them and I hate Eddie Veder with passion.

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Most rock frontmen are hatable in some kind've way.

I love them, but they aren't the kind of band I can listen to for hours without getting bored.
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 09:39:45 PM
Most rock frontmen are hatable in some kind've way.

True, probably because they're the one you see the most.

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Quote from: LINK2K9 on February 24, 2008, 09:47:22 PM
True, probably because they're the one you see the most.

lol, exactly. I bet we'd hate A LOT of musicians if they were frontmen.

and also some frontmen dicks when they don't play an instrument. they really screw over the band with their lack of musical knowledge.
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 10:24:51 PM
lol, exactly. I bet we'd hate A LOT of musicians if they were frontmen.

and also some frontmen dicks when they don't play an instrument. they really screw over the band with their lack of musical knowledge.

Well, it depends. I'd rather have Mick Jagger or Bono singing instead of playing a guitar or something. Just doesn't feel right.

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Jagger himself once said he doesn't like singing but loves to play guitar.
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 25, 2008, 05:46:31 AM
Jagger himself once said he doesn't like singing but loves to play guitar.

Well, he doesn't really sing now.

...He sort of speaks the lyrics. doodthing;

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Quote from: LINK2K9 on February 25, 2008, 08:00:46 PM
Well, he doesn't really sing now.

...He sort of speaks the lyrics. doodthing;

Well... yeah. When you're a legendary rocker and you die young, what are you? Jim Morrison. When you're a legendary rocker and you live, what are you? Mick Jagger, performing a duet with Justin Timberlake.
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 25, 2008, 08:22:49 PM
Well... yeah. When you're a legendary rocker and you die young, what are you? Jim Morrison. When you're a legendary rocker and you live, what are you? Mick Jagger, performing a duet with Justin Timberlake.

Or you could be like The Who or Led Zeppelin and still kick ass live.

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Quote from: LINK2K9 on February 25, 2008, 09:10:29 PM
Or you could be like The Who or Led Zeppelin and still kick ass live.

Hell yes. Some legends don't die.

Plant and Page have done some pretty mediocre stuff in the post-Zeppelin years (as well as making some good music) but they've never crashed and burned... like Mick.

and also i've noticed that SO MANY 80s rock stars just plain suck after their prime. Bon Jovi's new album is a piece of shit (but lucky for Bon Jovi, everyone LOVES country, especially if it's that horrible kind we hear so much all the time!). Sting's solo career sucked. Everyone from Motley Crue except Mick Mars has pretty much done something stupid. Hell, even Dave Navarro made a pathetic solo albums, and Jane's Addiction wasn't even on top of the world to begin with!
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 25, 2008, 09:41:22 PM
Hell yes. Some legends don't die.

Plant and Page have done some pretty mediocre stuff in the post-Zeppelin years (as well as making some good music) but they've never crashed and burned... like Mick.

and also i've noticed that SO MANY 80s rock stars just plain suck after their prime. Bon Jovi's new album is a piece of shit (but lucky for Bon Jovi, everyone LOVES country, especially if it's that horrible kind we hear so much all the time!). Sting's solo career sucked. Everyone from Motley Crue except Mick Mars has pretty much done something stupid. Hell, even Dave Navarro made a pathetic solo albums, and Jane's Addiction wasn't even on top of the world to begin with!

Well, to be fair, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, and Dave Navarro all sucked from the start.

I'm just happy that The Who still kick so much ass live. Their new album is crap, but they totally made up for it live.

I've seen other older acts and they were horrible. Just look at a video of The Pretty Things playing Baron Saturday. Damn.

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Bon Jovi was always kinda lame. Crue is pretty good (just cuz they hair to be biiig dun meen u gotta hate). Jane's Addiction was awesomse but Navarro became a huge dickhead.
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 26, 2008, 05:54:11 AM
Bon Jovi was always kinda lame. Crue is pretty good (just cuz they hair to be biiig dun meen u gotta hate). Jane's Addiction was awesomse but Navarro became a huge dickhead.

I don't hate Motley Crue because they're hair is big, I hate them because I think they're shit. powerofone;

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Quote from: LINK2K9 on February 26, 2008, 08:26:37 PM
I don't hate Motley Crue because they're hair is big, I hate them because I think they're shit. powerofone;

i meant that as in, you probly hate them because they're hair metal.

they aren't shit, they're just too 80s for some people.
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 26, 2008, 08:34:33 PM
i meant that as in, you probly hate them because they're hair metal.

they aren't shit, they're just too 80s for some people.

I've gave them a few spins, do not want.

lol lara lol

Go Up