October 03, 2024, 04:15:16 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What do you collect?

Started by Samus Aran, February 11, 2008, 01:01:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I mean things that you actually keep getting more of just for the sake of completing a sort of collection or just to have more, because you have some unexplainable drive to just have more and more of whatever it is you're collecting.

So don't put "CDs" or "video games" just because you happen to have a lot or something like that. You most likely actually use those things and have them for a better reason than collecting.

Anyway, I collect classic rock vinyls. I don't actually have a lot, because I didn't start doing this until like a year ago, but I have confidence that my collection of vinyls will be good eventually. My most recent vinyl buy included David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, The Eagles' Hotel California, and Boston's self-titled album. These three are hanging in my dorm room as decorations. I have a few more at home, including a few Aerosmith ones, a Def Leppard one my mom gave me (Pyromania), some collection of Beatles covers, Led Zeppelin's Presence, and...something by Bad Company. I don't remember which it is. I think there's at least one more vinyl, but I can't seem to remember what it is.

I used to collect Pokemon and DBZ (smithicide;) cards. There was also a short time that I collected comic books, and I actually have a few that are worth a notable amount, but nothing major. I collected pogs when I was much younger.

YPrrrr

I collect various sports memorabilia, such as bats, balls, cards, etc. I don't really spend a ton of money on it, but I ask for them for gifts, and look for deals at various places... I have a couple rookie cards that will be worth a lot someday, such as a Derek Jeter rookie card, that I just found in packs I was given when I was younger. Newer cards are kind of boring, but they're fun to look back at as they age.

Also, Monopoly boards, just because

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 11, 2008, 01:09:07 AM
I collect various sports memorabilia, such as bats, balls, cards, etc. I don't really spend a ton of money on it, but I ask for them for gifts, and look for deals at various places... I have a couple rookie cards that will be worth a lot someday, such as a Derek Jeter rookie card, that I just found in packs I was given when I was younger. Newer cards are kind of boring, but they're fun to look back at as they age.

I have a shitload of old baseball cards. My dad gave them to me when I was little. I guess he wanted me to have something to collect, so he tried to get me into baseball cards. I never cared about them though, and they've been in my closet for a long time.

Maybe I should try to sell them some day.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on February 11, 2008, 01:10:31 AM
I have a shitload of old baseball cards. My dad gave them to me when I was little. I guess he wanted me to have something to collect, so he tried to get me into baseball cards. I never cared about them though, and they've been in my closet for a long time.

Maybe I should try to sell them some day.
I'll give you 10 bucks for them

Samus Aran

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 11, 2008, 01:23:33 AM
Depends who you got

I have no idea because I haven't looked at the cards in ages.

The artist formally known

Video games, and I did read your post. I tend to buy a sequel of a game even if I didn't really like the first one if it's under $15. I really do collect them, and anyone thats seen my collection in pictures or person can agree with me on that.

I only buy Magic (the Gathering) cards when I need them in decks or if I think I will in the future but I suppose you can say I collect  Magic cards with obscure abilities that most people don't know about.

I collected fridge magnets for a while but not too much, I only have like 10. I also collected Star Wars action figures when I was younger, didn't play with them that much.

Also I go into Goodwills because my friend once found a Dio vinyl for 25 cents. The best part was that it was signed by Dio himself.

ncba93ivyase

Games. Loads of them. Games I know I'll play for about 5 minutes and never touch again. Most often, I go for popular Sega and Nintendo games, and usually ones that are under $15. I have about 50 NES games, but there are only about 15 I enjoy and only about 5 I could bring myself to play often to want to play through. I most often pick them up just because they're so cheap, but it also  just makes my collection larger and gives me more nerd power.

When it comes to more recent systems, I tend to buy only games I know I'll like. The cases are too bulky and the games often over 15 dollars. And yes, I am including the Saturn as a recent system since it had games developed for it into the 2000's. Anything prior to that I'll just take whatever I can find for a fair price.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

FAMY2

Coffee cups. I have about 30 of them. From different places I have been.

Mark Martin race stuff.

Wrench

Monopoly board games.
Money/coins from other countries
State quarters
Panda bear stuff  baddood;

Matt™

I used to collect Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh cards, still collect Baseball cards just for the heck of it. My sister collected Pogs, which i found a box of what she had left.

Hensa

i like fox plushies...

i have like 10

DONT HIT ME

Go Up