October 12, 2024, 10:21:47 AM

1,531,327 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

God is real

Started by NOA_Haunted, October 21, 2007, 09:56:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 21, 2007, 01:00:00 PM
Yes, you may have a general knowledge of what they teach, but for some reason you often choose to just be a dick about it rather than present your own beliefs as to why it's wrong. Not to mention that you refuse to accept those other's views even as just their opinion, and go out of your way to denounce their faith.
My own beliefs are based on fact, and not solely on a book that is several millennia old.

But the people don't pass their religion off as "opinion", they pass it off as fact. That's why the Jehovah's Witnesses come to my house and try to get me to join their church and threaten me with hell if I don't join.  It's the Christians who try to get "intelligent design" taught in schools, so they obviously believe it is fact, and not an opinion.

Once they start teaching their children about their beliefs, and neglect to let their children know that there are other possibilities out there, that's wrong and it happens every day.

YPrrrr

Quote from: JMV290 on October 21, 2007, 01:10:28 PM
My own beliefs are based on fact, and not solely on a book that is several millennia old.

But the people don't pass their religion off as "opinion", they pass it off as fact. That's why the Jehovah's Witnesses come to my house and try to get me to join their church and threaten me with hell if I don't join.  It's the Christians who try to get "intelligent design" taught in schools, so they obviously believe it is fact, and not an opinion.

Once they start teaching their children about their beliefs, and neglect to let their children know that there are other possibilities out there, that's wrong and it happens every day.
1. Those Christians are what are commonly known as assholes.
2. Teaching your child your religion isn't a bad thing. psyduck; I've seen my own friends become athiests just because their parents smother them with their religion, so it's not like they can't think for themselves.

I do sort of agree that Baptism may be better off at an older age to see if the kid really wants that to be his faith.

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 21, 2007, 01:15:11 PM
1. Those Christians are what are commonly known as assholes.
2. Teaching your child your religion isn't a bad thing. psyduck; I've seen my own friends become athiests just because their parents smother them with their religion, so it's not like they can't think for themselves.

I do sort of agree that Baptism may be better off at an older age to see if the kid really wants that to be his faith.
1. Wow, isn't that funny. It's those assholes that I mock constantly, not the Christians who actually leave people alone and use logic (Old World Creationists use logic)

2. Less than 10% of the nation lacks the belief of a god.   When parents start drilling their kids that they should believe in God to go to heaven and if they don't they go to hell, the kids will be too scared to think for themselves.

YPrrrr

Quote from: JMV290 on October 21, 2007, 01:19:26 PM
1. Wow, isn't that funny. It's those assholes that I mock constantly, not the Christians who actually leave people alone and use logic (Old World Creationists use logic)

2. Less than 10% of the nation lacks the belief of a god.   When parents start drilling their kids that they should believe in God to go to heaven and if they don't they go to hell, the kids will be too scared to think for themselves.
1. You're often quite general as to who you're talking about

2. Pretty much the entire world used to be theist, so I'm pretty sure people can change their views, despite whatever threats are made.

NOA_Haunted

God is real now get over it! , My family doesn't really practice religion at all last time I went to church was like 3rd grade.

Daddy

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on October 21, 2007, 01:31:13 PM
God is real now get over it! , My family doesn't really practice religion at all last time I went to church was like 3rd grade.
I've only been in a church twice.  Once when my cousin was baptized and once when my great grandmother died.

I used to be a hardcore Christfag though cateripie;

I read the Bible twice.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: JMV290 on October 21, 2007, 01:32:59 PM
I've only been in a church twice.  Once when my cousin was baptized and once when my great grandmother died.

I read the Bible twice.
I wasn't for serious but I forgot I went to a church last march because my Great Grandma died of breast cancer. The only bible I read was this bible for children and all of the  pages were pictures. When ever I try to read the bible for the heck of it (kinda always wanted to have a job where you study religion.) I get bored.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on October 21, 2007, 01:32:59 PM

I read the Bible twice.
I went to church a lot as a child up until I was about 6. All we ever did was color pictures of Jesus in an airplane and picked up boxes of food filled with mouse shit. I never really thought about religion until I was about 8 and only tried to pray and whatever because America's Most Wanted had a story about a girl that died a day after she told her parents that she didn't believe in god anymore. It's obvious her parents killed her for it, but of course, they blame it on some random Mexican and AMW believed it. So of course, I was one of those kids that believed in it (but like every American, didn't follow it) just because I thought I'd die. Once I got to be a little older, I was like "FUCK THIS SHIT," and haven't really considered it much of a possibility since I was about 10 or 11 and have become more of an atheist pretty much every year.

cool

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on October 21, 2007, 02:29:57 PM
I went to church a lot as a child up until I was about 6. All we ever did was color pictures of Jesus in an airplane and picked up boxes of food filled with mouse shit. I never really thought about religion until I was about 8 and only tried to pray and whatever because America's Most Wanted had a story about a girl that died a day after she told her parents that she didn't believe in god anymore. It's obvious her parents killed her for it, but of course, they blame it on some random Mexican and AMW believed it. So of course, I was one of those kids that believed in it (but like every American, didn't follow it) just because I thought I'd die. Once I got to be a little older, I was like "FUCK THIS SHIT," and haven't really considered it much of a possibility since I was about 10 or 11 and have become more of an atheist pretty much every year.

cool
More of an atheist every year? psyduck;

Are you saying you are currently agnostic? Because there aren't "levels" of atheism

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 21, 2007, 02:44:09 PM
More of an atheist every year? psyduck;

Are you saying you are currently agnostic? Because there aren't "levels" of atheism
I think hes saying he loses more faith each year.

YPrrrr

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on October 21, 2007, 02:51:13 PM
I think hes saying he loses more faith each year.
Yeah, but once again, he's already admitted he's an athiest, so he doesn't have any faith to lose anymore

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 21, 2007, 02:55:43 PM
Yeah, but once again, he's already admitted he's an athiest, so he doesn't have any faith to lose anymore
You're  just a faggot for christ sakes stfu

Title27GT

I SHALL SETTLE THIS THREAD.

Your Posting Rival is an idiot.

xXTheHaunted is an idiot.

Your Posting Rival just expresses his idiocy more openly because he knows how to spell.

Both of you go die.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Jet Black Wii on October 21, 2007, 03:55:12 PM
I SHALL SETTLE THIS THREAD.

Your Posting Rival is an idiot.

xXTheHaunted is an idiot.

Your Posting Rival just expresses his idiocy more openly because he knows how to spell.

Both of you go die.
... So how bout them Rockies Title?

Title27GT

Go Up