October 01, 2024, 03:26:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm back from New York

Started by anus, July 23, 2007, 08:47:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

anus

ill try to tell you how everything went, diary style

Day 1: Departure
---------------------

Wake up at 5:00 A.M, leave for airport at 5:30. Flight is about 7:30 A.M. Arrive in St. Louis about 9:00 A.M. Flight from St. Louis to New York gets canceled because of weather. We have to wait until 12:00 P.M, then we fly to Durham, N.C. Arrive like 3:00 P.M or something. Flight to New York is originally supposed to board at 4:10 but it's pushed back to 4:40 because of weather. We board at 4:30. We start to leave for the runway at 5:10. We stop in the middle of the runway. 30 minute delay because of weather. Wait 30 minutes. Another 30 minute delay. Wait 30 minutes. Another 30 minute delay. Wait 30 minutes. A 45 minute delay this time. We wait 15 or so minutes, and then they say we can leave in 15 minutes. We leave at 7:20 P.M. We arrive at LaGuardia Airport, NYC at about 9:00 P.M, 7 hours later than when we were supposed to be there. Somehow, we find our luggage among the hundreds of luggage and people. We then go out, and ask how we get to our hotel. Pay $36 for a bus to take us an area near Times Square. Trying to find 42nd street, we walk around. See Times Square for the first time, which amazed us with all the lights. We have to take the extra long way to our hotel, about 3 to 4 times longer, because of a steam pipe explosion. Arrive at hotel at about 10:30 or so. Get to bed after a long day.

Day 2: Holy shit, we walk a lot
------------------------------------

Wake up at 10:30 A.M, leave hotel at 11:00 A.M. Eat breakfast at Mediterranean place. We are astounded at the size of the buildings and the number of them. We begin walking around. We see the outside of the United Nations. We look for a water cruise for a tour around Manhattan on boat. Lady says go on water taxi to certain area, but dad says map is more accurate, but where it said there were tours, there was just a restaurant. We end up taking a water taxi around Manhattan, seeing stuff like the  Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bride, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building. Start in east Manhattan and end up on opposite side of Manhattan. Walk to Times Square. Again, amazed by the crowd and buildings and such. Try to get tickets to Broadway, but they're all out of the cheapest tickets. Go to M&M World and Great American chocolate place. Eat at Applebee's. Expensive and food isn't that good. Go to NBA Store, which is fucking amazing. Walk around more until 10:00 P.M. We walk around for 9-10 hours. Tired

Day 3: Museum, Park, MSG, Empire
-------------------------

Wake up at 10:30 A.M, leave at 11:00 A.M. Eat chocolate croissant for breakfast. We figure out how to use the subway. Use subway to go and see NYU for my sister. It's ok. Take subway to Metropolitan Museum. Stay there from 3:00 P.M to 7:00 P.M, barely able to see everything, just 3/4 of the Egyptian part in detail. Eat in Metropolitan Museum. Food is good. Walk to Central Park. Sit down for 15 minutes, then start walking around it. Swing on swings for 5 minutes. Walk to big lake. We walk about half of it, then return to the street. Take subway to Madison Square Garden. See The Garden (legendary arena). Wait until 11:00 P.M so we can go to the top of Empire State Building. Not worth $50. Take you through mandatory photo booth (annoying), but the view was pretty good. We return to hotel at 1:00 A.M or something. Saying my knees hurt "like a motherfucker" wouldn't describe the pain. We walked less, but the pain in knees were terrible.

Day 4: Mostly Shopping
----------------------------

Wake up at 9:30 A.M, leave hotel at 10:30 A.M. Eat waffles for breakfast.  Must check out of hotel (Helmsley Hotel) so we can stay in a hotel close to airport. Take Subway to Flushing in The Queens (lol bassir). Lots of graffiti on the way.  Drop of luggage at hotel and return to Manhattan. Time is 1:30 P.M. Head to Rockefeller Center to visit Nintendo World. On the way, we stop at many stores, including NBC Experience Store. Arrive at Nintendo World. Extremely crowded, and the lack of exclusive merchandise was disappointing. Had to get an XXL size shirt of shirt I liked because it was the only size they had. While checking out, boy and girl behind me start naming Nintendo tunes being played and begin humming at a time. Wanted to laugh at them. Disappointed by Nintendo World. Walk down 5th Avenue. Stop at NBA Store again for a little. Sister claims to see Bobby Givens at Nintendo Store and some other celebrity. Walk around more, until we get hungry. Eat at a place where you cook your own meat. There's a little grill in front of you, and they bring out the meat raw. You cook it. Interesting and fun. See John McEnroe there (famous tennis player awhile ago). Go to 9/11 site. They're constructing memorial. Take a huge shit at Hilton next to it. Head to hotel in Flushing. Lots of Spanish people there (lol). Go to sleep at 12 or 1 A.M

Day 5: Head back to OKC
-----------------------------
Wake up at 5:45 A.M. Take shuttle to airport at 6:00 A.M. Arrive at 6:20. After failed attempt at self check in, lady checks us in. Flight is 7:40. Flight leaves on time, from NYC to Dallas. Sleep most of the way, arrive 11:00. Have to run to gate since we go to wrong gate at first. Dad and sister are painfully slow. Arrive at gate on time. See former Oklahoma Sooners coach. Get a picture with him because dad keeps insisting. Plane leaves at 12:10, arrive at 1:00 P.M. at Will Rogers Airport in OKC.

whoopee
dicks

Tomboh

tl;dr

You've come back at a great time!

Title27GT

Am I the only one who thinks Nintendo World sucks ass? The bags still have a huge picture of DS Phat on them.

Feynman

Quote from: Title27GT on July 23, 2007, 08:48:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Nintendo World sucks ass? The bags still have a huge picture of DS Phat on them.

It does suck. It's basically a store that only sells Nintendo stuff.

Nothing special but shirts.

anus

Quote from: Title27GT on July 23, 2007, 08:48:46 PM

Mine had a huge picture of Nintendo Wii :|
dicks

Title27GT

Quote from: Sami on July 23, 2007, 08:50:31 PM
Mine had a huge picture of Nintendo Wii :|

Oh
That makes me feel old.
They finally upgraded.

ncba93ivyase

I see no Bel-Air in there. :'(

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Bassir on July 23, 2007, 08:49:22 PM
It does suck. It's basically a store that only sells Nintendo stuff.

Nothing special but shirts.
They occasionally have a nice event going on, which is probably the only reason I go there anymore.

Like that SSBM tourney where you could've won a DS Lite a month before they came out in the States. fap;

Go Up