August 21, 2018, 11:45:44 AM

1,526,541 Posts in 45,774 Topics by 1,031 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.


NEW SEASONS OF FLCL

Started by C.Mongler, March 24, 2016, 05:06:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 25, 2016, 04:08:05 PM
there can only be ONE COMING OF AGE STORY



EVER


that's not what i meant and you know it, stop being such a c.mongler

naota's, specifically, is already finished. at least, it is in the terms set by the show to begin with.

i'm kind of hoping this will take place after a sizeable time skip. i'd like to see an adult naota reuniting with haruko. to kind of mirror amarao's situation in the first flcl.

C.Mongler

way to totally skip over hiro's summary post, rude ass

David

the original flcl was god awful, please stop posting in this thread so it stops appearing in the board index

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on March 25, 2016, 04:20:16 PM
the original flcl was god awful, please stop posting in this thread so it stops appearing in the board index


you didn't even watch it, david. three minutes doesn't count.

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 25, 2016, 04:13:47 PM
way to totally skip over hiro's summary post, rude ass


oh wow, shit, never mind. so they're going with a new protagonist. i like the sound of it so far though.

David

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on March 25, 2016, 04:21:00 PM
Quote from: David on March 25, 2016, 04:20:16 PM
the original flcl was god awful, please stop posting in this thread so it stops appearing in the board index


you didn't even watch it, david. three minutes doesn't count.
my snap judgements are final

Samus Aran

basically, as long as this is at least almost as good as the old one, i'll be really happy. this is one of the most important shows of my middle school/high school years and it's amazing to have it back

Big Goop

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on March 25, 2016, 04:24:35 PM
basically, as long as this is at least almost as good as the old one, i'll be really happy. this is one of the most important shows of my middle school/high school years and it's amazing to have it back
somehow, I have doubts that it will be.
Call it a hunch

Samus Aran

the original has a full 10/10 for me on MAL. if this one manages to at least be an 8, as in be "great," i will be super happy. if it manages to be at least good, i'll be slightly disappointed, but only slightly. but i'll still be grateful to have more flcl.

Big Goop

FLCL was an 8 for me, so, I'm sure I'll like it just fine

Hiro

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on March 25, 2016, 04:29:44 PM
the original has a full 10/10 for me on MAL. if this one manages to at least be an 8, as in be "great," i will be super happy. if it manages to be at least good, i'll be slightly disappointed, but only slightly. but i'll still be grateful to have more flcl.

this seems about right to me too yeah, I'm just hoping the story is good and the animation isn't fucking weird (meaning it should be really weird like the original)

also I thought about naota being amarao as well and I think a few people are predicting that, but maybe that would be too obvious? maybe he could be in the same position as amarao but not a twat or maybe he comes around at the end who knows really. I think he'll probably be involved in the story but more as an observer or behind the scenes kind of thing.
Reeeeeaaally curious to see how the character designs come out

Samus Aran

well even if naota was in amarao's position career-wise, i doubt he'd act like him. because amarao's problem is that he never really grew up, he just pretended to act like he knew everything. naoto genuinely grew as a person where amarao never managed to, so i think that if a grown naota is in this, his character will reflect that.

Nyerp

duuuude have u seen an anime called flcl its sooooo weird XDD it s like im high when im watching it

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on March 26, 2016, 01:30:33 AM
duuuude have u seen an anime called flcl its sooooo weird XDD it s like im high when im watching it


epic

Detective Spatchcock

guess it's time to finally watch this show

Go Up