September 28, 2024, 09:19:07 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I've decided to commute to college

Started by Josh, January 22, 2012, 10:49:10 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

After living on campus for a semester, I've decided to get a car and commute next semester after I finish this one. It doesn't do much for me and I'd rather be at home. I'll still be spending just as much time at home and living at school is stressful. It's only a 15 minute drive.

Tell me what a good/bad decision I've made?  doodthing;

LCK

good decision
living on campus sucks
it's expensive too

piano moths

kill them w kindness

Josh

Quote from: Trevor on January 22, 2012, 11:02:01 AM
good decision
living on campus sucks
it's expensive too
Thanks buddy  happydood;

At least I can say that I spent my first year on campus. I did learn a lot of lessons about dealing with people and socializing/making friends, so I'm thankful for that. Fuck three years of this, though.

applesauce

Living at home with your parents is worse than living on campus IMO. The best is to live nearby with some friends.  giggle;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ride a bike to everywhere  baddood;

also you made a good decision, I'm proud of you.

Josh

Quote from: applesauce on January 22, 2012, 11:22:53 AM
Living at home with your parents is worse than living on campus IMO. The best is to live nearby with some friends.  giggle;
I'd love an apartment or to move in with a couple friends. Meh, oh well. I live in the same neighborhood as three of my best friends anyhow.

Hippopo

It's a good decision.  It'll save you money, and you have the rest of your life to live on your own.

Daddy

The worst part of living on campus is how they treat you like a child. This is why I never lived on campus.

If I want to have someone over at 2AM I'm not fucking signing them in.

YPrrrr

Why not just get an apartment/housing off campus?

Anyway I could not stand living at home so to me it seems like an awful decision, but perhaps you get along better with your parents? Still seems like a complete lack of freedom though

Hiro

that's a fucking awesome decision living with your parents is awesome you don't have to pay rent or anything and they fucking feed you and it's just goddamn great

strongbad

I enjoyed living on campus for the social aspect, but nothing else. I'm currently living around 6 miles from campus and I try to bike to school whenever the weather isn't horrible (which is rare this time of year :()
It's going well, although the convenience factor is kind of annoying. Last year I was within a couple minute walk of all my friends, and everyone is spread out this year. Distance is the true test of friendship. But that being said I'm still having a great year living off campus. I'll probably move into an apartment (or house idk what the future will be like) near campus when my lease expires.

strongbad

Quote from: Hiroglyph on January 22, 2012, 11:57:08 PM
that's a fucking awesome decision living with your parents is awesome you don't have to pay rent or anything and they fucking feed you and it's just goddamn great

Whenever I go home for break I feel like I'm living the good life until I settle in. Warm house (our house rarely goes above 50 degrees since heat is expensive) and abudant food/mom insisting on making me awesome food every meal are such nice perks.

Although I feel like I have no social life when I go home. But that's okay, I get a lot of me time.

snoorkel

if you live on campus, then you wouldn't have to commute, because you would be within short walking/biking distance of your classes

applesauce

Quote from: vziard on January 23, 2012, 02:12:41 AM
if you live on campus, then you wouldn't have to commute, because you would be within short walking/biking distance of your classes

I think your spamming of other forums is getting to ya bro n

Go Up