October 05, 2024, 08:18:18 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Power

Started by Daddy, January 13, 2011, 07:17:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Thyme

probably

i had a subscription for a year back in the latter days of the gamecube

Daddy

Quote from: Thyme on January 13, 2011, 07:20:50 PM
probably

i had a subscription for a year back IN POG FORM in the latter days of the gamecube
I forget when I stopped.

Towards the end it was all 'LOL DRAGON BALL Z FAN JOKES LOL WE SO FUNI' and all the news was like 2 months behind.

burzumfan420

when they 2 make themselves bad ass[started cursing] my subscription ran out i stopped

Kalahari Inkantation

January 13, 2011, 07:27:48 PM #4 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:30:49 PM by Pam
they gave me three free editions once

They were interesting, but not interesting enough for even the discounted price of $11.99 they offered. goowan

Nyerp

i still get them

they're even worse

Samus Aran

from what i can tell, yeah they still suck. you're better off with mags that aren't develper-specific. not that those are usually all that great either.

i wish i had been around for the NES Nintendo Power days...i've seen snippets of the really old issues and they're infinitely better. way more cool, silly stuff to be had. plus there are so many old NP posters i wish i had. unfortunately i didn't start getting the magazine until the early N64 days...my first issue had 1080 Snowboarding on the cover, and part 2 of the Yoshi's Story walkthrough in the middle of it.

YPrrrr

At least the goofiness was somewhat endearing, now they took it out and go on about how the newest sonic game will surely revitalize the franchise. So basically it's still just as lousy a magazine but with no schtick

Selkie

Quote from: Yin on January 13, 2011, 08:32:29 PM
from what i can tell, yeah they still suck. you're better off with mags that aren't develper-specific. not that those are usually all that great either.

i wish i had been around for the NES Nintendo Power days...i've seen snippets of the really old issues and they're infinitely better. way more cool, silly stuff to be had. plus there are so many old NP posters i wish i had. unfortunately i didn't start getting the magazine until the early N64 days...my first issue had 1080 Snowboarding on the cover, and part 2 of the Yoshi's Story walkthrough in the middle of it.

OMG

My first issue had Paper Mario on the cover. I feel like that one was very close to the 1080 snowboarding issue.

Thyme

Quote from: Selkie on January 13, 2011, 09:20:23 PM
OMG

My first issue had Paper Mario on the cover. I feel like that one was very close to the 1080 snowboarding issue.

mine had FF:CC giggle;

crystalpepsi

I stopped at the Mario Kart Double Dash one. I realized the news was 2-3 months behind blogs.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie on January 13, 2011, 09:20:23 PM
OMG

1080 came out three years earlier than Paper Mario...Paper Mario was a considerably late release for the N64.

bluaki

I stopped getting them just a year or so before they switched out to Future US or whatever it's called.

They once had good subscription bonuses, like Zelda Collector's Edition and Ocarina of Time: Master Quest (both Gamecube discs). I think the posters were once actually worthwhile too.

Nyerp

i don't remember the last time they had a poster

the magazines haven't even exceeded 100 pages for years

Selkie

Quote from: Yin on January 13, 2011, 09:29:37 PM
1080 came out three years earlier than Paper Mario...Paper Mario was a considerably late release for the N64.

oh wow nevermind.

I must be thinking of Wave Race: Blue Storm for the Gamecube

Go Up