June 03, 2024, 03:12:55 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Old people

Started by Pyrate, November 19, 2009, 10:04:21 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV on November 21, 2009, 04:03:38 PM
uh kaz veal does have a point, changing the subject completely is kind of dumb, even if you think the original subject of the thread is stupid.

there's a reason why we differentiate between regular threads and chat threads

that's nice jmv, except we also like to differentiate between "changing the subject" and just talking about something else in the midst of a subject that actually hasn't changed

you crazies seem to think that i took this thread by the throat and forced it to be a neil young thread, when in fact i never did, nor did i discourage people from keeping on-topic

by the way, did you know that going off-topic happens in nearly every thread? if it's a problem jmv, why don't you deal with it? why do you ignore those posts, jmv? why is it only in this thread that it's a problem? why not every other thread where it happens?

nothing wrong was happening here, really, veal just decided to be an ass

Samus Aran

also, thread locked, since clearly there's nothing left here to discuss, since this is now a neil young thread and it has gone madly off course. this is what a proper moderator should do in that scenario, after all.

Daddy

Quote from: Lain on November 21, 2009, 04:16:10 PM
that's nice jmv, except we also like to differentiate between "changing the subject" and just talking about something else in the midst of a subject that actually hasn't changed

you crazies seem to think that i took this thread by the throat and forced it to be a neil young thread, when in fact i never did, nor did i discourage people from keeping on-topic

by the way, did you know that going off-topic happens in nearly every thread? if it's a problem jmv, why don't you deal with it? why do you ignore those posts, jmv? why is it only in this thread that it's a problem? why not every other thread where it happens?

nothing wrong was happening here, really, veal just decided to be an ass
because you raged at veal for pointing it out and then defended going off topic by you not caring about the merit of the topic.

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV on November 21, 2009, 04:26:10 PM
because you raged at veal for pointing it out and then defended going off topic by you not caring about the merit of the topic.

i didn't defend going off topic, or at least didn't try to, i just defended neil young from being something "nobody cared about"

Daddy

Quote from: Lain on November 20, 2009, 03:53:13 AM
this thread is about an old guy with sexting advice - there was never any potential in that

also quit your goddamn whining, christ doodthing;

YPrrrr

I wish I could double lock a thread

Daddy

Quote from: YPR on November 21, 2009, 04:28:16 PM
I wish I could double lock a thread
there is the theoretical "admin lock" but that still wouldn't prevent me from posting. baddood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: JMV on November 21, 2009, 04:29:12 PM
there is the theoretical "admin lock" but that still wouldn't prevent me from posting. baddood;
New goal in my life

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV on November 21, 2009, 04:27:36 PM

yeah, i didn't think it was a good thread, but i didn't say i was trying to derail it nor did i support any derailing

Go Up