June 16, 2024, 12:58:05 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fuck yeah; new PSP

Started by The artist formally known, May 30, 2007, 10:32:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

I've been holding off on buying a PSP because of a redesign. I know there aren't many good games on it but I'd like to get some homebrew games playing on it as well as emulate some older games (I own all the games I'd like to emulate but I'd rather play them on a portable, even if I have to plug it into an outlet.)

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/rumor-no-denying-it-psp2-is-coming-242845.php

Quote* The screen is gorgeous
    * The loads are faster
    * Improved buttons
    * Internal flash — 8GB
    * Possible touch-screen
    * Possible built-in camera
    * Uses UMD

Believe it or not, I'd like to see some Handheld competition with Nintendo. Handheld is better then consoles in my opinion, just as long as Sony can make the games cheaper and easier to develop for.

QuoteThe recent blockbuster success in Japan should prove that the PSP is anything but dead and deserving of a make-over.

They need to announce a dual analog stick, and with some type of superior analog as well.

Thoughts?

SBKT

No, one thumbstick is fine, but they need to make it more comfortable, something like the third party pads.

The camera and touch screens are big no-nos, but the built in Flash is awesome. then I could pirate games.

But first, I'll need a hacked firmware.

Quote from: SBKT on May 30, 2007, 10:34:51 PM
No, one thumbstick is fine, but they need to make it more comfortable, something like the third party pads.

The camera and touch screens are big no-nos, but the built in Flash is awesome. then I could pirate games.

I don't think they should include a camera, but they should include a touch screen.

Two analog sticks = ports of PS2 games. But now that I think of it, PSP needs less ports and remakes, and more games.

SBKT

Quote from: Reaper on May 30, 2007, 10:36:22 PM
Quote from: SBKT on May 30, 2007, 10:34:51 PM

I don't think they should include a camera, but they should include a touch screen.

Two analog sticks = ports of PS2 games. But now that I think of it, PSP needs less ports and remakes, and more games.
Well, there are some games that are port worthy which I'm still not seeing. On wikipedia, look up Tales of Eternia, for one.

Also, we need that sushi chef game from Japan.

InbredPsychosis

Can Sony afford to deal with another financial liability with no third-party support?

I mean, they are losing so much money on the PSP and PS3 as it is.

Oh and that thumb nipple is horrible.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

SBKT

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on May 30, 2007, 10:39:21 PM
Can Sony afford to deal with another financial liability with no third-party support?

They simply need to use a new thumb nipple design. Supposedly, like alll Sony products, it's popular for Hentai in Japan. yes;

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on May 30, 2007, 10:39:21 PM

I understand the "analog stick" is horrible but the PSP has made a profit, but not a great one. The PS3 is doing pretty bad right now but so was the Nintendo DS. Once they finally start releasing games for the PS3, it will do fine.

The PSP is lacking games like crazy, no denying that.

Morning_Glory

I'll make sure I'm totally sure about picking one up if I do. I picked up the PSP at launch and...I suppose you can guess what it's doing now.

SBKT

Still, Sony is doing pretty well on ports alone, I'd say. they're opting for some pretty awesome ports, man. Even a Legend of Dragoon one!

The topic makes me feel bad, that Nintendo is going to die sometime soon.

InbredPsychosis

Quote from: Reaper on May 30, 2007, 10:41:32 PM
I understand the "analog stick" is horrible but the PSP has made a profit, but not a great one. The PS3 is doing pretty bad right now but so was the Nintendo DS. Once they finally start releasing games for the PS3, it will do fine.

I think the DS was profiting from the very beginning. Then again, the technology was lower grade.

And I take back what I said earlier, I'm sure Sony could afford it. I think they are in a hefty debt, but they still are managing a nice revenue.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

Morning_Glory

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on May 30, 2007, 10:47:18 PM
Quote from: Reaper on May 30, 2007, 10:41:32 PM

I think the DS was profiting from the very beginning. Then again, the technology was lower grade.

And I take back what I said earlier, I'm sure Sony could afford it. I think they are in a hefty debt, but they still are managing a nice revenue.

I think he means that the PSP was actually a strong competitor to the NDS back when they launched.

InbredPsychosis

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 30, 2007, 10:54:17 PM
I think he means that the PSP was actually a strong competitor to the NDS back when they launched.

Oh well, yes. At least in America. However I believe now the DS is prevailing quite strongly across the globe. Not that it matters.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on May 30, 2007, 10:56:23 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 30, 2007, 10:54:17 PM

Oh well, yes. At least in America. However I believe now the DS is prevailing quite strongly across the globe. Not that it matters.
Just that the PSP doesn't offer the price and the "family" games that the DS does, therefore it appeals to a much much wider audience.

SBKT

I'm gonna import shitloads of games when I get a PSP, and a s2, and shit.

That's the only thing PSP would be good for even now to me.

Quote from: SBKT on May 30, 2007, 11:05:33 PM
I'm gonna import shitloads of games when I get a PSP, and a s2, and shit.

That's the only thing PSP would be good for even now to me.
S2? Also wait a while until we know if the PSP2 is real. If it is, the PSP will drop price

Go Up