Started by Daddy, May 18, 2009, 01:55:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 06:41:50 PM
No you first. I only play defensively when it comes to my holy books bassir;

Wait, do you believe in the Quran or are you against it? psyduck;
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

rdl

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 06:45:11 PM
I believe THE POWER OF GOD

hence my post a few pages ago

Oh I thought you said you wanted to bash it.
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on June 05, 2009, 06:30:58 PM
i meant you bitch about christianity more than christians bitch about gay marriage, etc
No, once I get a law passed banning religion then I will have bitched more than them.
Quotequote of ypr
Providing facts != forcing.   Allowing people to see that there are other methodologies and ideologies than the ones they have been indoctrinated with != forcing.

QuoteWe take the Bible as our evidence. psyduck;
And yes I know you don't believe it.
But what evidence do you have that the bible is right?

Quoteuh citation needed for what
also wat
You said something about there being more chaos but there is plenty of chaos which makes it look "normal".

Quotewhen was the first gay marriage
be more specific.
May 17, 2004 in the US. Thousands of years ago in ancient cultures.

Quotehow come it was okay before then to oppose it
It wasn't.

Quotei have never heard any of my personal church leaders preach about committing horrible crimes
have they condemned the sex abuse? have they condemned the violent actions in the name of god?
like i said, with a religion so large, you are bound to have some idiots in there
and that's stupid, if one of your teacher is caught having sex with a student at your school or your teacher forces you to stand up during the national anthem, are you going to switch schools just because of it?
The national anthem thing makes no sense. But if the school didn't punish the teacher, yes I would switch schools.

Det in F♯ Major

I'm too lazy to quote. I'm sure you know what I'm replying to.

I highly doubt we will see the day when America becomes totalitarian, my friend.

My evidence is something you will never understand. You will never have faith (again) so you will never understand so I'm not going to bother arguing after this post, really.

Where is it written that marriage was between and man and a woman before 2004?

Yes they have.

Also I thought you were allowed to refuse to stand during the anthem.

Daddy

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on June 05, 2009, 06:53:41 PM
I'm too lazy to quote. I'm sure you know what I'm replying to.
akudood; burnnnnnnn

QuoteI highly doubt we will see the day when America becomes totalitarian, my friend.
It's more possible than you think. The basic point is that while I might complain, I have come nowhere near complaining to the point of legally preventing someone from being with someone you love.

QuoteMy evidence is something you will never understand. You will never have faith (again) so you will never understand so I'm not going to bother arguing after this post, really.
That God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it?  And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it? And you know God said it because it's in the Bible? And The Bible is true because God said it?

Maybe YPR, BA, or PuuMastaFunk might help.

QuoteWhere is it written that marriage was between and man and a woman before 2004?
In the minds of conservative. Considering that ancient greece and rome had same-sex marriages which predate the English language I'd say never.

Much like how there are places in the Bible where marriage was between a man and women.

QuoteYes they have.
Good.  How about your local bishop?

QuoteAlso I thought you were allowed to refuse to stand during the anthem.
It's not nearly on par with fucking a student or killing someone.
It is wrong but not nearly on the level of that.

rdl

Does the Bible even matter, since Jesus died for everyone's sins?

Beside the fact that Christians believe in the Holy Trinity, and the morals system set by the Bible, what's the difference between Christianity and Atheism? I've had many discussions with Christians about why the Bible would matter if Jesus died for everyone's sins, and one of them told me that as long as you repent sincerely you can sin as much as you want (Well not in those exact words but he said that Hitler had the chance of being forgiven had he repented, so it's almost the same thing).

Bolivian Army

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:07:04 PM

Beside the fact that Christians believe in the Holy Trinity, and the morals system set by the Bible, what's the difference between Christianity and Atheism? I've had many discussions with Christians about why the Bible would matter if Jesus died for everyone's sins, and one of them told me that as long as you repent sincerely you can sin as much as you want.

he worded that horribly and should not be discussing such matters  baddood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

rdl

Who? Me?

I can reword it if you want. Honest to God I just want to fucking know. I must've asked 10 different Christians and none of them can answer me and it pisses me off. Doesn't anyone know?

Reworded:
If Jesus died for everyone's sins, why do the rules set in the Bible matter? Couldn't I go around fornicating and butsexing everyone I see and then repent and then go to Heaven regardless?

edit: woops, i meant christians, not questions

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:07:04 PM
It depends on if you ask Catholics or Protestants

Beside the fact that Christians believe in the Holy Trinity,
Isn't that just catholics? At least in a different sense than that of Protestants

Quoteand the morals system set by the Bible, what's the difference between Christianity and Atheism?
The existence of God is a major one

QuoteI've had many discussions with Christians about why the Bible would matter if Jesus died for everyone's sins, and one of them told me that as long as you repent sincerely you can sin as much as you want.
That's just an obscure view of Catholicismsdkflskl which i'm too lazy to spell.

rdl

I want an answer from a Christian, not a crazy Atheist, cause if that's purely Catholic then I'm sure one of the 10 Christians I've asked would've told me so by now

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:16:47 PM
I want an answer from a Christian, not a crazy Atheist, cause if that's pure Catholic then I'm sure one of the 10 people I've asked would've told me so by now
uh you do realize i was raised a christian and read the bible right

there are also hundreds of sects of christianity.

lutherans
methodists
calvinists
baptists
catholics(and plenty of sects of this)
greek orthodox
jehovah's bitches
i can go on.

they all have different views.

some go for predestination. some believe accepting christ is the only way to salvation. others believe that confessing and repenting is.  others believe that just being a good person is.

You're not going to get a consistent answer unless you ask people from the same sect.

rdl

uhh like the actual bible or history channel specials?

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:18:29 PM
uhh like the actual bible or history channel specials?
edited post.

Also actual bible because I was all "omg i <3 God i want to know all about him" then I was all "oh shit what the fuck he just killed kids i thought he loved us" "oh shit what that contradicts what i just read 3 chapters ago".

also det and puu: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question
notice how it's listed under logical fallacies

rdl

nice you guys just got burned by wikipedia

also the people i've asked irl were all methodists except for two mormons. people online i'm not so sure about. one of them was vermanubis ;__;

at this point i dont care which sect i get the answer from i just want to know if anyone knows how to solve this dilemma i have in understanding why jesus would die for everyone's sins.

Go Up