June 16, 2024, 05:54:59 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Buffy

Quote from: DecembeR on June 04, 2007, 08:35:08 PM
Quote from: Buffy on June 04, 2007, 08:31:11 PM
I do. I'm a catholic; all the other theories of how the world started don't make sense to me. God is the only thing I understand, really.

Get real, read all the posts.  dawkins;
There were so many miracles that happened that can't otherwise be explained.

Houdini

Quote from: Buffy on June 04, 2007, 08:35:18 PM
Quote from: Houdini on June 04, 2007, 08:32:43 PM
I do. I'm a catholic; all the other theories of how the world started don't make sense to me. God is the only thing I understand, really.
Evolution is such bullshit. It makes much more sense that women were created when God took out one of Adam's ribs, right?
God is God, he can do anything.
It's cool if you believe in that, but you at least have to admit it doesn't make any more sense than any other theory from an objective viewpoint.

Buffy

Quote from: Houdini on June 04, 2007, 08:38:17 PM
Evolution is such bullshit. It makes much more sense that women were created when God took out one of Adam's ribs, right?
It's cool if you believe in that, but you at least have to admit it doesn't make any more sense than any other theory from an objective viewpoint.
I have my reasons, I just forgot them. One day I thought about it for a long while and came up with something that really had me convinced there was a God. It was really complex and now I forget what it even was. All I know is that something had me completely convinced God was real.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: Buffy on June 04, 2007, 08:40:00 PM
I have my reasons, I just forgot them. One day I thought about it for a long while and came up with something that really had me convinced there was a God. It was really complex and now I forget what it even was. All I know is that something had me completely convinced God was real.

Let's see what happes when you die. Do you think you are going to heaven? After all those sins you don't know you committed?  educate;
number stations

Houdini

Have fun with that. In the meantime, please do not try to rationalize faith.

Buffy

Quote from: DecembeR on June 04, 2007, 08:42:02 PM

Let's see what happes when you die. Do you think you are going to heaven? After all those sins you don't know you committed?  educate;
All those sins? When you go to confession, you confess the sins you remember you committed and at the end the priest says something like "Forgive all these sins mentioned and those forgotten." Or at least something along the lines of that. At mass, we are taught that if we are truly sorry for our sins and confess them, pray, and all that jazz we'll go to heaven.

V

Quote from: Buffy on June 04, 2007, 08:45:08 PM

All those sins? When you go to confession, you confess the sins you remember you committed and at the end the priest says something like "Forgive all these sins mentioned and those forgotten." Or at least something along the lines of that. At mass, we are taught that if we are truly sorry for our sins and confess them, pray, and all that jazz we'll go to heaven.

So because some priest says your sins are gone, you believe it?

Buffy

Quote from: V on June 04, 2007, 08:56:30 PM

Yes, because it's like praying. When we pray God listens. God knows we confessed so the priest is asking God to forgive us and God does if we are really sorry for what we've done.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: Buffy on June 04, 2007, 08:58:07 PM

Yes, because it's like praying. When we pray God listens. God knows we confessed so the priest is asking God to forgive us and God does if we are really sorry for what we've done.

Surprisingly, a girl at school is supposively hard-core christian and goes to church every Sunday. She was racist, mean and cruel. She hits people screams and won't let anyone but her friends play with her. During lunch break, I saw her play tether ball with this stupid girl named Alison. My friends and my cousins friends have had trouble with them being racist and not letting any asians play at their court.They say it's against the rules when Ronnie threw hard and beat her in one throw. I defended Ron, but she went and became a tattle and told one of the teachers that Ron was cheating. I started to say she was tattling and Ron beat her fairly, and So did my friends and everyone else. But Alison and Her. She started cussing and screaming at Ron, my friends and I. The teacher didn't care. But when Ron finally tried to defend himself, he got in trouble. The teacher was also racist.  Today, I challenged ( lol not even a challenge, I could bet her without catching the ball and let her do ropes and everydays... ropes= catch and throw by the rope. everydays= throw and catch without letting it spin around at least twice. And those two are against the SCHOOL rules to do. Not be be too conceited but I am now the girl "champion" of tether ball at school, lol. My cousin is the only one That is a big challenge. Yes I beat ronnie but it's a sad thing.)She knew that I was going to win, so she said " You can't play, you Chink." I asked why and she said it was because she was playing herself. I told her that i could play if I wanted and I don't care whatever she says. So I did. She started kicking me but I continued to play until I beat her. She said She beat me and to gtfo. I told her she was an ass and let her gtfo. I said nobody was in line so it didn't matter who won. The arguement continued and A LOT of people hate her.

So... I wonder what she says at church. But be something along the lines of " Sorry God, I called Kris a Chink. Sorry I told her to gtfo. Sorry God for all those sins. Sorry I got innocent people in big trouble. Sorry I hit many people. Sorry for all those sins I don't know I commited." Soon she'll be saying " Sorry God that I killed a few people. Sorry God that I commited many sins. I'm truely sorry." Yeah right. She's not sorry at all.

God listens???? Think of all those other people in the world. God would be hearing so many people at once.  IF you happen to be a murderer and blamed someone else. God will surely forgive you. Even if you seem to have done it so many times. God will forgive you and you'll go to heaven. Wait.. how do yo know if God forgives you? I shoudl bring a hearing aid next time I tune in at the church down my street.I can't hear God forgiving or denying.

God forgives all. *cough*

When the priest says "Forgive all these sins mentioned and those forgotten. Is that and order to God or a request?

This earth is suppose to be made out of dirt with god's hands. Man, I wish God was a bit more creative and made earth a star prism shape. Or maybe even a 3D Decagon. I'd like to see that... Wait.. DIRT? Dirt is on earth so Dirt was created before earth?? Woah.

Where is God? I'd liek to meet him. Seems like a really nice dude, eh? Cool. I wonder how big heaven is. must be really big since all those people died. but hell is probably bigger for all those who don't believe in God and since most of the world's people are Muslim, hell must be the biggest place ever.

Also I should ever eat carrots pork, beef, or anything ever again because it touched the ground and the devil licked it. I seem to probably be nice food for a hungry lion. Wait a minute... EWWWW!!! The devil must be licking me! My new clean shirt! GROSS!  If I eat something licked by the devil I'm cursed! but If I, myself, am licked by the devil, surley that's worse?

Mary saw God. On TV he's a beam of light. For little kids, he's a big chubby man all nice.

I don't do any pledge of allegiance at school. I got in trouble for that but the techer was wrong. I shouldn't have gotten in trouble. I could refuse to do it if I wanted. The line "Under God" means I believe in God.

Woah God's a neat dude, I should teach him my handshake. Maybe if I pray enough I'll get Ronnie to love me.
number stations

V

Quote from: DecembeR on June 06, 2007, 07:47:06 PM
Quote from: Buffy on June 04, 2007, 08:58:07 PM

Maybe if I pray enough I'll get Ronnie to love me.

gtfo of here with the Ronnie shit.  argh;

Buffy

It's my religion. I don't feel like explaining it to you. It would take a terribly long time and I have better things to do. I go to church regularly and I go to a Catholic school. I learn things about God, religion, everything. Do you go to church every week? If you did you'd probably understand. I'm not a hardcore Christian, so I can't really explain it that well.

Houdini

Quote from: Buffy on June 06, 2007, 08:40:27 PM
It's my religion. I don't feel like explaining it to you. It would take a terribly long time and I have better things to do. I go to church regularly and I go to a Catholic school. I learn things about God, religion, everything. Do you go to church every week? If you did you'd probably understand. I'm not a hardcore Christian, so I can't really explain it that well.
I went to an Episcopal school for eight years. They made us go to a chapel service every single day. Maybe I'm just a cold, stone-hearted atheist, but those eight years of forced prayer and repeated sermons opened my eyes to how ridiculous it is.

Buffy

Quote from: Houdini on June 07, 2007, 12:09:33 AM
Quote from: Buffy on June 06, 2007, 08:40:27 PM
I went to an Episcopal school for eight years. They made us go to a chapel service every single day. Maybe I'm just a cold, stone-hearted atheist, but those eight years of forced prayer and repeated sermons opened my eyes to how ridiculous it is.
Well, each religion is for different people. Some really get it while others don't. I don't try to talk people into becoming a Catholic, I just try to explain the religion.

Necro

Alright Houdini, I think you can lay off now. You're starting to sound like some converter.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: General Grievous on June 07, 2007, 07:57:19 AM
Alright Houdini, I think you can lay off now. You're starting to sound like some converter.

No I like it. It's so true.
number stations

Go Up