June 03, 2024, 01:44:13 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

worst bands ever

Started by l a c e y , April 02, 2009, 05:23:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 15, 2009, 06:22:09 PM
Correction: Any rap group except Public Enemy, and those you just listed.
lmao

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Ready To Die on April 17, 2009, 02:28:45 PM
Instead of continuing to make yourself look stupid, maybe you should just admit that you aren't that familiar with the genre to be making such baseless claims.

90's rap wasn't terrible. But the rap of today is really...kinda stupid.

Daddy

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 17, 2009, 02:58:36 PM
90's rap wasn't terrible. But the rap of today is really...kinda stupid.
Making that claim about rap is like saying the same about rock.
80's rock wasn't terrible but the rock of today is really...kinda stupid.

If you're not going to look past the stuff played on the radio, you're not going to hear it.  T-Pain and Soulja Boy get plenty of exposure and plays on the radio but they're not even a drop of what hip-hop has to offer.

It'd be like taking Nickelback and uhm, Fall Out Boy and passing that off as the best example of modern rock.

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 17, 2009, 03:04:18 PM
Making that claim about rap is like saying the same about rock.
80's rock wasn't terrible but the rock of today is really...kinda stupid.

If you're not going to look past the stuff played on the radio, you're not going to hear it.  T-Pain and Soulja Boy get plenty of exposure and plays on the radio but they're not even a drop of what hip-hop has to offer.

It'd be like taking Nickelback and uhm, Fall Out Boy and passing that off as the best example of modern rock.

I'm with you on this one. I never said that rock is any different. I feel the same way about the new crap as you do. It seems that music has gotten really slack when it comes to good taste.

Daddy

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 17, 2009, 03:16:22 PM
I'm with you on this one. I never said that rock is any different. I feel the same way about the new crap as you do. It seems that music has gotten really slack when it comes to good taste.
Popular music, that is.

Right now it seems to be stuff that can be played in clubs or as ringtones that are getting all the airplay.

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Ã,µÎ© on April 17, 2009, 03:20:01 PM
Popular music, that is.

Right now it seems to be stuff that can be played in clubs or as ringtones that are getting all the airplay.

Stupid technilogical advances...

Really, choices in music shouldn't be left to people who know absolutely nothing about music.

Go Up