June 03, 2024, 03:15:47 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

guilty pleasure bands

Started by Samus Aran, November 01, 2008, 01:14:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I think we did a thread similar to this before, but oh well. Yes, I know that "guilty pleasures" in music are silly because you shouldn't feel guilty at all, but it's really the only phrase that sums up the idea of loving a band that people tease you for.

Anyway, for me, Cheap Trick immediately comes to mind. I love Cheap Trick, but they're so goddamn poppy and silly and fluffy and ridiculous and cheesy that I get teased by my hard rock friends.

:(

Wrench

I don't have any guilty pleasure bands. The only band I really get teased about is Green Day and I absolutely fucking love them. Nothing to be ashamed about.

YPrrrr

Bands/musicians I get crap for liking:
Cake
Sum 41
Bubba Sparxxx (I sort of hate most of his material too actually lol)
DJ Splash
Gogol Bordello
Smash Mouth

Thyme

Cookie

Cookie

Quote from: Hiro on November 01, 2008, 06:57:48 PM
How is that guilty pleasure?  doodthing;

I feel embarrassed for listening to it.

Hiro

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on November 01, 2008, 07:03:35 PM
I feel embarrassed for listening to it.
Why, what's wrong with liking Radiohead

Cookie

Quote from: Hiro on November 01, 2008, 07:04:35 PM
Why, what's wrong with liking Radiohead

They're turning into every other mainstream band....

Placebo Headwound

Hiro

Samus Aran

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on November 01, 2008, 07:09:28 PM

excuse me what

more like furthering themselves from every other mainstream band

they used to just be an alternative rock band and now they're like a combo of that and progressive/art rock

they're only being "mainstream" in the idea that they're one of those great bands that everyone can admit is awesome and they've become hugely popular

strongbad

mainstream and popular aren't the same thing

Houdini

Are you serious? They started out as a mainstream band. Ever heard Creep? With each album they grow farther away from the mainstream rock mold.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up