October 06, 2024, 01:27:28 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Suggestions for SNES games?

Started by Pele, January 28, 2008, 01:57:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Feynman

Quote from: Elep on January 28, 2008, 02:15:04 PM
I know right?

I don't know, do you know right? I think you know wrong.

Cookie

Quote from: Elep on January 28, 2008, 02:05:18 PM
Respect lost for saying CT, and Zelda.

Not much of a fan for either.

Glad to know at one time I had respect.  befuddlement

strongbad

One Man Freak Show

Let's go for good, obscure games, guys.

Tiny Toons Buster Breaks Loose. Laugh all you want, but this game was awesome, and not many of you have played it, I imagine.

Samus Aran

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 30, 2008, 11:59:39 PM
Tiny Toons Buster Breaks Loose. Laugh all you want, but this game was awesome, and not many of you have played it, I imagine.

I've played it. It's not that bad of a platformer really, but it's not exactly big on replay value, just like all of those cartoon platformers back then.

I also played Road Runner's Death Valley Rally and some Porky Pig game that had a haunted Christmas theme.

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2008, 12:05:51 AM
I've played it. It's not that bad of a platformer really, but it's not exactly big on replay value, just like all of those cartoon platformers back then.

I also played Road Runner's Death Valley Rally and some Porky Pig game that had a haunted Christmas theme.

Porky Pig's Nightmare or something rather? Never played that one.

I never played too much SNES games that weren't SMW, so I'm fortunate to have come upon this thread, as I need suggestions as well.

me003

Quote from: Elep on January 28, 2008, 02:15:04 PM
I know right?

Also, I'll be sure to check out Actraiser II. Children of Mana or w/e was supposedly good, so I'll try it out.
You mean Secret of Mana, well good luck finding it at a decent price, unless you don't mind paying about $25-30 for it.

I'd recommend Illusion of GAIA. It's an awesome real time rpg.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MethreE on January 31, 2008, 04:50:13 AM
I'd recommend Illusion of GAIA. It's an awesome real time rpg.
I hate it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 30, 2008, 11:59:39 PM
Let's go for good, obscure games, guys.

Awesome game, but I can't get past the first boss  >.<

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on January 31, 2008, 04:56:56 AM
I hate it.

You hate most RPGs. You can't be trusted with them, sir.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2008, 09:37:25 AM
You hate most RPGs. You can't be trusted with them, sir.
To me, RPGs are games such as Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Dragon Quest.

If you're running around and swinging swords, then I simply consider that an action game or hack-n-slash or whatever you want to call it. If Zelda and Illusion of Gaia are RPGs, then so are Super Metroid and Super Mario Galaxy and Gran Turismo.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on January 31, 2008, 09:53:38 AM
To me, RPGs are games such as Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Dragon Quest.

If you're running around and swinging swords, then I simply consider that an action game or hack-n-slash or whatever you want to call it. If Zelda and Illusion of Gaia are RPGs, then so are Super Metroid and Super Mario Galaxy and Gran Turismo.

RPG isn't that loose of a term anymore. Most people don't consider "playing a role" to be enough to be considered an RPG.

But use the term how you want, I guess. There's no concrete set of guidelines as to what makes an RPG an RPG, to my knowledge.

Also, my point still stands. You don't like most RPGs, so I sort of just tune you out when it comes to that genre.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2008, 11:36:03 AM
RPG isn't that loose of a term anymore. Most people don't consider "playing a role" to be enough to be considered an RPG.

But use the term how you want, I guess. There's no concrete set of guidelines as to what makes an RPG an RPG, to my knowledge.

Also, my point still stands. You don't like most RPGs, so I sort of just tune you out when it comes to that genre.
But I like games that are just action, like most 2D Zelda games.

Illusion of Gaia is like a bland, unentertaining Zelda for the Super Nintendo with twice the reading and none of the gameplay.

Daddy

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2008, 11:36:03 AM
. You don't like most RPGs, so I sort of just tune you out when it comes to that genre.
He doesn't like most games unless they look like this:

just change the sprites, add new power ups, and you have a whole new game

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on January 31, 2008, 12:06:15 PM
But I like games that are just action, like most 2D Zelda games.

Illusion of Gaia is like a bland, unentertaining Zelda for the Super Nintendo with twice the reading and none of the gameplay.
Pheonix Wright lol

Go Up