October 05, 2024, 11:26:27 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Games you regret buying

Started by bluaki, January 19, 2008, 11:14:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: Kaz on January 20, 2008, 10:49:04 AM
also why did the developers make every character in TP hideous except for Link and Midna
I think Zelda also wasn't hideous.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I agree with pretty much everybody else though.

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on January 20, 2008, 10:52:29 AM
I think Zelda also wasn't hideous.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I agree with pretty much everybody else though.

oh right

I forgot Zelda was even in the game considering her role in it is pretty much nil, which is another thing that bugged the hell out of me. At least in the earliest Zelda games, you didn't see her because she was captured. In TP, she just sits in that damn tower and then heals Midna and then gets possessed and attacks you and then just kinda stands around during the end.

She was such a boring character in TP. :'(

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Lawlz on January 20, 2008, 10:49:55 AM
I think I have plenty of experience, too. Getting paid for it doesn't make them any better, or me any worse. I play my games for fun, and not for money.

kane and lynch comes to mind
Maybe you do have plenty of experience and probably a lot more than me but again you dont make reviews and your experience is probably not even half as much as theirs.  So it makes sense that i would listen to their opinion first and then some random gamer.

greg400

Basically every 3D Sonic game I ever bought. Christ, they were all so fucking bad. madood;

Add to that Star Fox Command, Elebits and some other shit that I can't remember at the moment.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 11:02:59 AM
Maybe you do have plenty of experience and probably a lot more than me but again you dont make reviews and your experience is probably not even half as much as theirs.  So it makes sense that i would listen to their opinion first and then some random gamer.
I'm actually making a couple more reviews right now and working on reviewing everything I own but we have no CMS and I don't want to bother adding anything more to what I've already slapped up because we'll end up just changing everything eventually. psyduck;

They're just random gamers that get paid. I'm a kid that spends whatever money he can find on games, so I'm going to be brutally honest if I wasted my money. Paid reviewers have no worries if the game is bad, because they didn't pay out of their own pockets.

i use review sites as guidelines to see if i might have an interest in it, but look towards the reviews of the general populace to determine whether i should buy it. if a guy living in his mother's basement spent $60 on a game and hates it, he probably knows more than anyone else because he's presumably been gaming for decades and he just blew whatever funds he had on a heap of shit. the paid reviewer takes no loss either way.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

gee funny how those big ads slapped up all over review sites for just happen to always be ads for games that those reviewers give rave reviews to, even if the general populace doesn't like them much

JGE

this is the exact reason why i troll here

faggots who cant take a opinion without having a shitstorm

Thyme

Baten Kaitos. ugly;

It took me about 20 hours of gameplay to notice that I found the game really boring, too. I wanted to give it a chance at first, but I just couldn't take it anymore at a certain point.

Other that that, none really. I usually read reviews and such or buy games I've already rented before. Looks like I shouldn't have trusted the reviews for BK.

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Kaz on January 20, 2008, 11:26:56 AM
gee funny how those big ads slapped up all over review sites for just happen to always be ads for games that those reviewers give rave reviews to, even if the general populace doesn't like them much
Gee funny how you make shit up.

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Thyme on January 20, 2008, 11:37:27 AM
Baten Kaitos. ugly;

It took me about 20 hours of gameplay to notice that I found the game really boring, too. I wanted to give it a chance at first, but I just couldn't take it anymore at a certain point.

Other that that, none really. I usually read reviews and such or buy games I've already rented before. Looks like I shouldn't have trusted the reviews for BK.
I never finished Baten Kaitos.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 11:38:42 AM
Gee funny how you make shit up.

I'm not making shit up. psyduck;

It's actually pretty common to see advertising ploys in basically anything that does reviews.

To think that the reviewers aren't influenced in any way is a load of bull. As Lawlz said, "Kane and Lynch comes to mind."

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Kaz on January 20, 2008, 11:47:05 AM
I'm not making shit up. psyduck;

It's actually pretty common to see advertising ploys in basically anything that does reviews.

To think that the reviewers aren't influenced in any way is a load of bull. As Lawlz said, "Kane and Lynch comes to mind."
Lawlz said TP sucks, why should i listen to him?

Trini

Quote from: Aitor on January 20, 2008, 11:48:45 AM
Lawlz said TP sucks, why should i listen to him?

Because he reviews just like the other people you listen to.  caterpie;
[CENTER][/center]

Albel The Wicked

Quote from: Trini on January 20, 2008, 11:53:19 AM
Because he reviews just like the other people you listen to.  caterpie;
Gush i dont know, but didnt he say TP sucks, which is one of my favorite games ever?

Go Up