June 03, 2024, 02:59:15 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT We review a fellow Boyager's song of choice.

Started by V, September 03, 2007, 08:24:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

V

As stated in the thread title, we will exchange a song with a fellow Boyager, and thoroughly listen to it and review it.

Who knows, you may enjoy the song you never thought you liked before. spam;

Title and I will be going first.

I will be listening to Journey's- Anyway you want it.

Title will be listening to 50 Cent's-Many Men.

Title27GT

My review:
A pretty damn good song. I don't really like how it conforms to the basic theme of rap: shoot up some niggers, make some money, and drop some beats. But definitely very catchy. I like the piano in the background, that was probably my favorite part.

8/10

Andrew1911

Samus Aran

AHHH

I'LL TRADE "TEN YEARS GONE" BY LED ZEPPELIN FOR SOMETHING

V

My review:
Catchy. That is what came to mind whilst listening to this song. I have heard parts of it before on commercials, but never the full song. I have to admit, the guitar solo was pretty good. thumbup; I guess the basic concept of the song was the girl letting him have it, "any way he wanted." spam; The man's voice sounded like it was breaking when he went a high pitched tone, but came out ok at the end.

7/10

Andrew1911

Quote from: Kazzamatazz on September 03, 2007, 08:30:19 PM
AHHH

I'LL TRADE "TEN YEARS GONE" BY LED ZEPPELIN FOR SOMETHING

ive already listened to it but you go listen to ashes to ashes right nao :|

Samus Aran

Quote from: Andrew1911 on September 03, 2007, 08:40:07 PM
ive already listened to it but you go listen to ashes to ashes right nao :|

k i already have ashes to ashes in my itunes because it rules  powerofone;

brb writin a review

Daddy

V

Slow down fags. =|

Let kaz and anjew do their revews right now.

Samus Aran

"Ashes to Ashes" is the fourth song from the pop culturally obscure David Bowie album Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps). It is, in a way, the continuation of the ultra-famous Bowie song "Space Oddity," and in other ways merely a reflection on human morality.

The song begins with a nice "funk" sound that is reminiscent of the stereotypical 70s song. We quickly learn that this isn't a song for everyone, as it is made up of a rather complex mix of synth strings, vocal layers, and of course a now-strange funk style. For anyone looking for something new, it's great. Probably not the song you want to listen to first if you're new to Bowie's work, though.

The lyrics are something of a mock nursery rhyme, and my what a beautiful one at that. It's chock full of messages to think about, and hell, the end of it even sounds like your average children's rhyme.

Everything about the song is wonderful. Everything I would expect from Bowie. If I had to pick a favorite part, it would be the silly vocal gibberish that lasts about 3 seconds, starting at approximately 2:03. Fun stuff, though maybe not for your casual listener.

9/10, and my personal "hooray!"

Samus Aran

Oh sure, Andrew leaves right after telling me to review "Ashes to Ashes."  argh;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: steal on September 03, 2007, 11:58:24 PM
Wow, I was actually fairly impressed. I'm one of those people who pretty much hates rap and everything about it, and I actually at least could tolerate this as real, actually good music. The lyrics were incredibly clever, and they flowed like wine. I thought the kind of melancholy acoustic piece in the background really added to the feel of the song as well.
2 thumbs up. thumbup; thumbup;

NOW SOMEONE REVIEW THIS powerofone;
I like the barbaric/medieval sound of the music, but I'm never really liked the whole grunting thing or whatever. I wouldn't say it's amazing, and probably not something I'd listen to everyday, but I'd probably whip it out a few times a month. caterpie;

I'd say about 7 out of 10.

AND I DON'T LISTEN TO ENOUGH MUSIC FOR YOU ALL TO REVIEW UNLESS YOU GUYS WANT SOMETHING FROM THE MARS VOLTA. navi;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: steal on September 03, 2007, 11:58:24 PM
Wow, I was actually fairly impressed. I'm one of those people who pretty much hates rap and everything about it, and I actually at least could tolerate this as real, actually good music. The lyrics were incredibly clever, and they flowed like wine. I thought the kind of melancholy acoustic piece in the background really added to the feel of the song as well.
2 thumbs up. thumbup; thumbup;

NOW SOMEONE REVIEW THIS powerofone;
I don't know what the hell that was, but would have been much more awesome if I had been able to actually understand what the hell the singer was saying. y;

7/10 from me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l0dw0cB23Jo
Ignore the video, because it ucks. Just listen to the song. navi;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Andrew1911

Go Up