April 27, 2024, 11:13:15 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Heartbreaking News about Tec

Started by YPrrrr, June 01, 2023, 09:24:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

June 01, 2023, 09:24:21 PM Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:27:28 PM by YPrrrr
A couple of days ago on the Discord, we were visited by Tec's sister who unfortunately came bearing some very upsetting news. Our guy Tec hadn't been doing so well in terms of health over the course of the past year, and a few days ago... he passed away.

This has come as a shock to all of us and it's unthinkable to have lost such a beloved member and person so early in their life. Tec's sister, at our request, has set up a GoFundMe where we can donate to Tec's memorial service. That can be found here: https://gofund.me/4964f21c

If anyone would like to talk about this, the Discord (https://discord.gg/AFKhTvd) is very active and Tec's sister has been checking in to talk every once in a while. If you cannot access the Discord, of course you can leave any questions or kind words or memories about Tec here.

We're going to miss you terribly Tec, we all loved you :(

C.Mongler

Man, I have been at a loss for words since I read the news yesterday evening. I never had the pleasure of meeting Tec in person; I'm kicking myself for not arranging a meetup the last time I was in New York last year, though in hindsight I don't know if Tec's health actually would have been up for it either. As a poster though, Tec held this community together, often single-handedly. I'd spend my time coming back to post on this forum just going back and forth with Tec on whatever inane bullshit from stocks, to Tulsi Gabbard, to relationshits, to whatever. Tec was always silly as hell, had a way with words and arguing his opinions (even when I didn't agree dammit!!), and just was all around one of the best of us.

I, like others I've seen bring up in the Discord, do find it regrettable that our last conversations with him went the way that they did, but it does sound like our boy Tec wasn't himself and I don't think any of us really grasped how true that was at the time. Tec, wherever you are out there now in the ether, I hope in your heart you know we all love and care about you, and we really did just want to understand as best we could and be there for you.

This place won't be the same without Tec. Shit, it hasn't been the same since he stopped posting a few months ago. It's wild how much he meant to so many of us, especially those like me who he never actually met. I can only imagine the hole he's left in the lives of the people who knew him personally, when even online he was able to be such a genuine friend to so many of us.

Tec, I hope you're resting well now, buddy. We will miss you.

Nyerp

C.Mongler

thumbs up to whomever made Tec's account Prophet of Doodthing  cry;

reeper

I'm going to miss you my good friend.

Samus Aran

June 03, 2023, 07:29:21 AM #5 Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 12:28:58 AM by Samus Aran
I never got to meet him in real life. I always wanted to. Now I'll never have the chance.

I'm heartbroken over this. And I'm distraught that my last interaction with him was me basically arguing with him about his behavior on the forum. Christ. I know it's not like I could have known that this was going to happen, but still.

Boyah, fragmented as it is, will never be the same without him. Even if he was barely here anymore to begin with. And I'll never get to look forward to him coming back. It's all so fucking frustrating.

I miss him.

YPrrrr

Update from Tec's sister, there will be a memorial next Sunday, June 11th (time TBA):

QuoteAaron's private visitation/ cremation takes place tomorrow, Sunday, at 11am. We are the only ones attending.

Next Sunday June 11th, the public joins us in person and online via livestream for a Celebration of Life at the only church he attended.

No firm time is set as yet. I will fill you in soon.

Tomorrow will be our toughest day. Please say a prayer, light a candle, think on a special moment with Aaron, play a souls borne/ Zelda/ Smash Bros game, or listen to Country Roads by John Denver for us and Aaron tomorrow.

Thank you endlessly, from all of us.

YPrrrr

The memorial service is scheduled for 4pm Eastern on Sunday, June 7th

They're trying to set up a virtual viewing option but there's no concrete info yet

6M69I69B9

June 10, 2023, 02:57:00 AM #8 Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 08:33:43 PM by 6M69I69B9

Also, there was a pretty cool display of all the handhelds they released thus far, we both took photos of it:

https://imgur.com/a/b5ogoHd

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

6M69I69B9

June 10, 2023, 03:43:50 AM #9 Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 07:45:55 AM by 6M69I69B9
Man....looking back at this hours later...I'm embarrassed kinda at how I wrote this, I was a bit manic with it. But I stayed up the whole night since I didn't want to post this on the day of his service, and I'd have something later today to tend to. Hell I /still/ need sleep. W/e, went through most of the points I wanted to get through.

Also...I did it this way because:

Could not fathom going under that formatting that while trying to be serious with this.
PM me for transcript.

If anybody saw it before I was finished with making the text into images, hope you refreshed to see it properly and finished.

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

strongbad

Thanks for sharing MIB- that was a really sweet writeup.

V

6M69I69B9

June 10, 2023, 07:29:18 PM #12 Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 08:42:47 PM by 6M69I69B9
Quote from: strongbad on June 10, 2023, 01:44:51 PMThanks for sharing MIB- that was a really sweet writeup.
ty
wanted to finish this before tomorrow so i stayed up all night
i def had to take a few breaks doing it bc i was just stressed writing it so i may have been a little umm manic with it for lack of a proper term lol
i keep editing it slightly. was so tired i didn't realize i said that we didn't have shit on new york pizza when i wanted to say the opposite

YPrrrr

Update from Tec's sister following the memorial (they couldn't get the livestream to work, I apologize if anyone was trying to find a link here):

Today marks 3 weeks since Aaron died. It doesn't feel like 3 weeks. It feels like day one, everyday.

There were so many people at his memorial on Sunday. My moms head was down the whole time crying. My dad sat in the pew behind us with our cousins, crying and thanking everyone when they went up to speak.

People shared stories, wept and cried for my brilliant, goofy brother.

Everyone's been so incredibly nice to us.

Thank you all, thank you for helping us honor Aaron. Thank you for changing our luck.

My parents, Shaniece, Adam, and I are grateful beyond words.

I want to thank my sister Marissa who has had to do this twice now. She helped lead me and the family from day one of this neverending dream. Marissa sent books, funds, information, love and just tried to keep us all up and informed during these 3 weeks.

If not for her I would've been truly lost in preparing for a funeral, getting an urn, and organising the memorial. Here's hoping that we wont have to do this any time again, sis .

The livestream was not a success, but the memorial was recorded and will be shared with friends and family. One of Aaron's friends put it best: "It wouldn't be a true get together with Aaron if there weren't streaming issues."

Aaron was a gamer and often played online with his friends from all over the world. They'd spend time trying to connect online and the game just wouldn't load .

I'd like to thank The Boyagers, sincerely and deeply for being Aaron's friends. Some of them new him for 15+ years. They have shared stories and memories of Aaron with me and I couldn't be more grateful for their support and understanding. I hope that your community will continue onward and that to you all will continue to make new, lovely memories with each other .

If Aaron could have seen that turn out and the support from online. He would've been happy. Maybe he would've been shocked, or maybe not. But he would've been grateful.

Everyone who had donated, shared, messaged, called, written, cried, shared a story of Aaron, sobbed, gave advice, shared their own grief etc. - thank you.

Thank you.

With love,

Cheryl, Allan, Adam, Shaniece, and Bobbie

Snowy

I wish I got to speak to Tec one last time tbh

Go Up