April 25, 2024, 05:48:35 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: A Tax on Titans. [messageIcon: Animated GIF]

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 28, 2022, 10:07:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Should I watch AoT? y/n

Yes.
1 (100%)
No.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

December 28, 2022, 10:07:50 AM Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 02:14:32 PM by Majorana's Incantation
How is this show? befuddlement

My roommate is absolutely obsessed and raves at me about it constantly. akudood;

Nyerp

tec i can barely understand what you are referring to

well anyway i liked aot a lot for its first couple of seasons but as it goes on it starts to have pro-fascist, pro-genocide overtones and the ending is atrocious so now i fucking hate it

Kalahari Inkantation

December 28, 2022, 02:11:58 PM #2 Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 02:15:45 PM by Majorana's Incantation
Quote from: Nyerp on December 28, 2022, 01:06:52 PMit starts to have pro-fascist, pro-genocide overtones and the ending is atrocious so now i fucking hate it

:lolwut:

why huhdoodame;

At what point is the switch? befuddlement

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on December 28, 2022, 02:11:58 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on December 28, 2022, 01:06:52 PMit starts to have pro-fascist, pro-genocide overtones and the ending is atrocious so now i fucking hate it

:lolwut:

why huhdoodame;

At what point is the switch? befuddlement
idk why (i wish i knew) but there's a timeskip before the last stretch of the story where the main character has major truths about his world revealed to him and his personality and goals change radically to the point of genocidal extremist terrorism as a result. the authorial intent isn't necessarily to have the reader on his side, but given that this was a manga intended for an impressionable teen audience that's kind of what ended up happening anyway. on top of this, the series was in the middle of introducing a holocaust metaphor as the basis of its core conflict, one in which the metaphorical "jews" were kept in camps and ghettos as punishment for actual historical misdeeds (eg. using evil bloodline powers to conquer and terrorize the world). i could go more into it but basically the whole thing is irresponsible and poorly written at best.

Kalahari Inkantation

Huh. befuddlement

.........is it worth sitting through the whole series y/n

[spoiler]

My roommate is just too c*te to be wrong. >.<
[/spoiler]

i have literally no idea what she could POSSIBLY see in it lmao

Nyerp

i mean it's fun to watch i guess so u do u

i'm just waiting to see all the discourse among unsuspecting normies when the ending finally gets animated goodjob;

Kalahari Inkantation

It does look bright and colo(u)rful. And she is a very bright and colo(u)rful person. giggle;

Go Up