May 10, 2024, 08:05:43 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Can you speak any ethnic languages?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 22, 2022, 08:24:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

PotD: Can you speak any ethnic languages?

Yes.
1 (100%)
No.
0 (0%)
Not yet / I'm learning. (Which one? O_0)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

December 22, 2022, 08:24:01 PM Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 08:28:05 PM by Majorana's Incantation
Yes:

• english, technically
  • russian
  • welsh

Mando Pandango

English

passable French in a pinch
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ME##

Anglish
Français
Español
I can navigate Swedish and German well enough

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ME## on December 23, 2022, 12:23:21 AMEspañol

tfw father is fluent
tfw grew up in an OVERWHELMINGLY spanish-speaking neighborhood
tfw took spanish for like 2-3 years in high school

.........tfw don't know a lick of it

myface;

Kalahari Inkantation

also french would be rly cool but mon DIEU is that language insanely hard lol

C.Mongler

not really lol

i can understand 95% of spanish but my grammar is so horrid that i struggle to keep up conversations. i legit might pay for classes this upcoming year because my wife and inlaws are all native speakers lol

used to be able to speak russian at probably a elementary-middle school level, but that knowledge has gone to shit and i have zero practical use for it so probably will never pick it up again. i can read cyrillic though for whatever that's worth

i do hope to learn german one day for funsies but my wife would kick my ass if i put in a lot of effort to learn anything but spanish first lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 23, 2022, 06:55:05 AMused to be able to speak russian at probably a elementary-middle school level, but that knowledge has gone to shit and i have zero practical use for it so probably will never pick it up again. i can read cyrillic though for whatever that's worth

what

ne@

since when

how

why

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 23, 2022, 06:55:05 AMi do hope to learn german one day for funsies but my wife would kick my ass if i put in a lot of effort to learn anything but spanish first lol

do it anyway she just jelly LOL

spanish is hard tbh lol >.<

Mando Pandango

spanish doesn't seem that hard

french has more in common with english than spanish does

they're not like german or dutch which are both ez mode but idk they're probably the next easiest group of languages to learn, i would think

italian is dick easy and i should commit to it
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Mando Pandango

italian dick is easy but girls still don't talk to me saddood;

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on December 23, 2022, 07:50:14 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on December 23, 2022, 06:55:05 AMused to be able to speak russian at probably a elementary-middle school level, but that knowledge has gone to shit and i have zero practical use for it so probably will never pick it up again. i can read cyrillic though for whatever that's worth

what

ne@

since when

how

why
lol took a few years of it in college just cuz they offered it and I have been very curious of how the fuck them странный letters are supposed to be pronounced for most of my life 
I was one of my проф's top students and if I had more time and credits to fill in undergrad I probably could have become solidly fluent but I literally have never used it outside of the classroom beyond reading Russian piracy forums lmao

Go Up