April 27, 2024, 08:14:25 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

You know what's *actually* racist?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 22, 2022, 08:25:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Also:

>you may never capitalize "white"
>you must ALWAYS capitalize "black"

Who is the master-class moron who mandates this dumb gobshite? psyduck;

Mando Pandango

yeah but who owns those companies and why were those figures chosen as mascots hm hm
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 22, 2022, 08:53:21 AMyeah but who owns those companies

what do you mean by this lol

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 22, 2022, 08:53:21 AMand why were those figures chosen as mascots hm hm

and what is ur point here

ME##

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on December 22, 2022, 08:26:41 AMAlso:

Yet the same people who do this will bemoan Trump and his random captilisation lmao

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ME## on December 22, 2022, 10:29:03 AM
Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on December 22, 2022, 08:26:41 AMAlso:

Yet the same people who do this will bemoan Trump and his random captilisation lmao

what's even more obnoxious is that all the obsequious media ghouls have simply lapped it up without question

It makes literally zero sense. psyduck;

C.Mongler

frickin media ghouls following ap guidelines

https://apnews.com/article/archive-race-and-ethnicity-9105661462

(i will no longer be baited in this bait thread goodbye)

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 22, 2022, 11:02:28 AMthis is bait

lol

do you know who actually started the capitalization idiocy

Fun Fact: It was the ultimate authority on what's good for the ethnics: Rachel Dolezal.

do you remember that utter whackjob

https://books.google.com/books?id=yqD_DQAAQBAJ

Quote* Like numerous linguists and academics, I believe "Black" should always be capitalized when referring to culture or ethnicity. Not everyone agrees. Other than Ebony and Essence, two magazines that cater to a mostly Black audience, most major publications have refused to make this adjustment. To my mind, "black" describes a color, while "Black," like "Asian" or "Hispanic," denotes a group of people. I don't capitalize "white" because white Americans don't comprise a single ethnic group and rarely describe themselves this way, preferring labels like "Italian American" or "Scotch Irish."

C.Mongler

stop baiting me

how could she have started it when she literally says "Like numerous linguists and academics"

that is not the definition of "started it" lmao come on man

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 22, 2022, 11:27:51 AMhow could she have started it when she literally says "Like numerous linguists and academics"

okay, sure

Popularized* by ultimate authority on what's good for the ethnics Rachel Dolezal.

in any case,

Literally who cares about what the countless literally whos of the """academic""" world have to say? befuddlement

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 22, 2022, 11:24:32 AMfrickin media ghouls following ap guidelines

https://apnews.com/article/archive-race-and-ethnicity-9105661462

>thoughtless media ghouls thoughtlessly copying the more prestigious of the thoughtless media ghouls

Yes, that's precisely my point.

Samus Aran

my personal take is that mia was never a particularly racist depiction of a native woman, in fact she was pretty specifically a red lake area ojibwe woman - not the worst representation for a brand that, indeed, is based in and themed after minnesota, which has a large amount of native ojibwe and, obviously, a lot of lakes

the decision to remove her from the packaging is still a plus though. it'd be a different story if land o lakes was a native owned company or something, which it's not of course. and native peoples are not fodder for being made into mascots, of course.

many ojibwe were happy to see mia go (for example, our lieutenant governor peggy flannagan, who is herself part of the white earth nation). others weren't. it was kind of a thing for a while, but people got over it.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Samus Aran on December 31, 2022, 12:25:22 PM>my personal take is that mia was never a particularly racist depiction of a native woman, in fact she was pretty

>based in and themed after minnesota

BASED.

Quote from: Samus Aran on December 31, 2022, 12:25:22 PMthe decision to remove her from the packaging is still a plus though.

Absolute cr*nge, if you'll, I'm afraid.

Kalahari Inkantation

January 02, 2023, 12:54:24 AM #13 Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 01:08:25 AM by Kalahari Inkantation
Quote from: Samus Aran on December 31, 2022, 12:25:22 PMpart of the white * nation

Literal ethnon*tionalism.

Kalahari Inkantation

• you're LITERALLY not allowed to covet the ethnic lasses if you're a different flavo(u)r of ethnic

Go Up