MARK MY words'n' and phrases that never made any sense to you

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 04, 2022, 02:34:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

December 04, 2022, 02:34:28 AM Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 10:55:00 AM by Kalahari Inkantation
'does the curtain match the drapes'

I just don't get it. befuddlement

aren't curtains and drapes the same thing

YPrrrr

It's supposed to be does the carpet match the drapes n_u

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

• pet peeve

i actually hate this phrase (it's a """pet peeve""", so to speak)

how did this ever come to mean 'minor annoyance', and what do pets have to do with it

ME##

I really feel like the people that purposefully say, 'I could care less', strive to annoy people.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ME## on December 22, 2022, 10:31:51 AMI really feel like the people that purposefully say, 'I could care less', strive to annoy people.

christ lol myface;

Thyme

"you can't compare apples and oranges"

like... yeah i can stfu

And I do mean it figuratively as well. When I hear people using this expression it's often for things I'd have no problem comparing.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on December 22, 2022, 02:14:44 PM"you can't compare apples and oranges"

like... yeah i can stfu

And I do mean it figuratively as well. When I hear people using this expression it's often for things I'd have no problem comparing.

yeah this has never resonated w me either lol

it's a great example of a thought-terminating cliche

Mando Pandango

here's the opposite

"i could care less" is actually totally valid and makes sense for what it's trying to convey. simply the act of caring doesn't mean you care very much at all. expressing how much you care by saying that technically you could care less is brutally dismissive. like, i'm capable of caring less but it would be difficult

not sure what everyone's beef is
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

[hedy]Zidone

Kalahari Inkantation

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah so fun fact i never quite learned grammar and have no idea what that means either LOL

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

December 25, 2022, 11:27:43 PM #14 Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 05:22:03 AM by Majorana's Incantation
  • "the" wife

Why "the"? befuddlement

Go Up