ITT: "I just didn't get the hype." [messageIcon: Retro Video Games]

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 28, 2022, 04:23:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

To be completely, 100% honest the * Souls games. I really wish I had the patience for a game to just completely break me down as a person and make me feel like shit constantly, but sadly I do not lol.

Kalahari Inkantation

it's def. a bit of an acquired taste, at least it was for me

i STRUGGLED and DIED through semen's tolls only because a friend insisted it was THE best thing ever

and yeah somehow i beat it eventually but i was kinda just glad it was over and i didn't really enjoy much of the experience (though even then i still thought the really great parts were actually really great, and the ending is extremely stylish and rules)

Kalahari Inkantation

to this day i still think armor spider is one of the hardest bosses of all time lol

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on November 28, 2022, 04:23:33 AM
  • Among Us
  • st]
i've noticed that social deduction in general just works MUCH better in a tabletop format. a lot gets lost in translation to the screen. among us is actually one of the better attempts, and i think if the non-impostors had more to do it would be a lot more engaging
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Among Us also benefits from following up Town Of Salem as the popular social deduction video game. Town Of Salem fucking sucks
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

ME##

I genuinely don't think there's been reasonable hype for a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure, at this point Sonic fans get exactly what they deserve lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Mando Pandango

TF2 suffers heavily from its updates. Overwatch does as well at this point

Samus Aran

among us really was a "you had to be there" type of game. you really had to be there, playing with friend groups while it was popular. and it was really fun. i honestly dont really like that theyve expanded the game with roles and stuff, i kinda liked when it was more simplistic

C.Mongler

i can't play among us because i physically cringe at the prospect of lying to people it's one of my best and worst traits cnotedood;

but it makes the game unwinnable for me lol

Kalahari Inkantation

November 29, 2022, 12:53:51 PM #13 Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 03:33:28 PM by Majorana's Incantation Reason: typo: night -> nigh
Quote from: C.Mongler on November 29, 2022, 12:22:48 PMi can't play among us because i physically cringe at the prospect of lying to people it's one of my best and worst traits cnotedood;

but it makes the game unwinnable for me lol

actually yeah, i think this is what makes it nigh unplayable for me as well lol befuddlement

Mando Pandango

I love to deceive and revel in any socially acceptable way to flex that muscle I can find.

Go Up