April 18, 2024, 02:34:56 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: do u use a nail filer

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 11, 2022, 04:12:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

Yes.
1 (20%)
No.
3 (60%)
It depends.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

i simply can't

the filing feeling makes me wince myface;

strongbad

nope and i use toe nail clippers for both my toes and fingers lol

Kalahari Inkantation

don't you just love when you have to open a can of soup or smth just after trimming ur nails >.<

ME##

Yea but I find myself having to file my nails much more regularly than clipping them so I get lazy

Samus Aran

just the idea of how a nail file might feel is enough to keep me from using one

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 12, 2022, 09:40:28 AMjust the idea of how a nail file might feel is enough to keep me from using one

same smithicide;

i completely understand why dogs bellow and scream during manicures lol

Mando Pandango

right after i clip em yeah, i file the edges
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

On a related note, how did humans ever manage before the nail clipper? befuddlement

Samus Aran

oh they just let their malnutrition keep their nails nice and short

Kalahari Inkantation

just imagine if teeth grew continuously like nails and you had to take a tooth file to them every six weeks or so

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on November 26, 2022, 11:12:13 AMjust imagine if teeth grew continuously like nails and you had to take a tooth file to them every six weeks or so
I wouldn't mind. My teeth are in kinda bad shape tbh and some new growth would be nice
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on November 12, 2022, 10:13:08 AMright after i clip em yeah, i file the edges

interesting

What happens if you don't file afterwards? befuddlement

Mando Pandango

sometimes the little corner that inevitably gets made by the cuts i make can get inadvertently picked at which can become a slightly jagged edge which could then get peeled back past the nail bed which is a BITCH. probably won't happen but it makes me uncomfy and feel like it could happen.

Mando Pandango

I should add: I trim my nails every 4-5 days. If they grow out to the point where any kind of dirt can get trapped underneath them, it makes me really uncomfortable. Apparently this is normal for bass players.

Go Up