May 08, 2024, 12:11:13 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what is the best place to book flights & hotel???

Started by 6M69I69B9, October 03, 2022, 06:46:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

i dont travel so much so idk if others here do much either but i need some pointers on traveling in general
avoid airbnbs though
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Mando Pandango

Oh i just did this

Southwest Low Fare Calendar

I also used sites like Kayak to find flights and then bought them directly through the airline. The Internet told me this is the way.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Quote from: Mando Pandango on October 03, 2022, 06:52:39 PMI also used sites like Kayak to find flights and then bought them directly through the airline. The Internet told me this is the way.
i've been meaning to do this for trips far in advance- plan around cheap flight deals

i've had good luck with google flights in the past but i haven't been flying much lately

ME##

Quote from: Mando Pandango on October 03, 2022, 06:52:39 PMOh i just did this

Southwest Low Fare Calendar

I also used sites like Kayak to find flights and then bought them directly through the airline. The Internet told me this is the way.

Honestly this is usually what I do too.

Be weary of the ultra low-cost carriers (Spirit, Allegiant, Frontier) because they really sucker you in with those low ticket prices. Then once you add a bag or two you're looking at only maybe $40 saved over Southwest

C.Mongler

i dunno i shop around. usually i just use google flights, hopper, + some other shit

but yeah avoid fronteir and spirit unless you're traveling alone, only bringing like a single backpack, and very much only want to get from point a to b (and even then I've heard plenty of cancellation horror stories lol)

Mando Pandango

I'm using frontier for a single leg of my trip and crossing my fingers
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

6M69I69B9

October 04, 2022, 05:41:32 PM #6 Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:46:39 PM by 6M69I69B9
thanks guys

ive been debating about going to boston as some sort of birthday trip for myself, and to potentially meet a friend there, but mostly just to be in a new setting bc I just need a reminder that the world is bigger than what I imagine on a daily basis idk, a change of perspective despite being around a metro already lol. im having a midlife crisis rn and ive been p sad recently

never been to the east either

also is it better to buy roundtrip tickets or just waiting on prices for to and from tickets individually??

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

YPrrrr

Frontier is fine in my experience other than having even less leg room than standard flights

The bag prices suck but I would only use them if I wasn't bringing more than a backpack anyway.

Southwest sucks in my experience, it's never the cheapest option and they hide their prices on their own site which is inconvenient

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 04, 2022, 11:33:46 AMbut yeah avoid fronteir and spirit unless you're traveling alone, only bringing like a single backpack, and very much only want to get from point a to b (and even then I've heard plenty of cancellation horror stories lol)

spirit's (i dont know about frontier, never used them) business model is very intentionally to prey on people that are used to normal airline practices where carry-ons that need to be put in the overhead compartments are free. you are allowed a "personal item" such as a purse, backpack, laptop bag, briefcase etc that can be stowed under your seat or in front of you and that's it, and their restrictions on what is too big for that are extremely strict, and they charge a fucking arm and a leg for you to be given the privilege of using their overhead compartments. what they are truly trying to do is catch people who don't know better trying to bring a ~slightly too big~ bag on board, and then they charge the person like $80 at the fucking gate. it's ridiculous an extremely predatory. extremely seedy airline.

that said, yeah, if you only have a lil bag it can be very worth it to use them since their tickets are often $100-$200 cheaper

the last time i flew was with spirit actually and i saw this elderly couple forced to pay for two carry-ons at the gate because they didn't know any better, thought it was just like delta or whatever, just utterly gouging them

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm on a layover in miami literally right now lol

flying american airlines to port-of-spain, trinidad

it's already extended to two days of flying thanks to a delay and i'm drained af but i'll post my review later

YPrrrr

Also to the point of the thread, I used to use Kayak to check prices across multiple sites but lately I've found the same prices or cheaper on Google flights so I've pretty much exclusively been using that.

Their calendar that shows prices for different days is very handy if you have that flexibility

Thyme

i've used expedia twice and i had a problem the second time - they didn't send me the airline code so that i could choose my seat on the airline's website... i had to call them smithicide;

i do still intend to keep using it lol, idk if it's different in the US but up here it's always cheaper to buy their flight/hotel packages instead of trying to find deals for each separately, by like several hundred dollars

when the destination is close enough to travel by train, i use either hotels.com or booking.com to find a couple of good hotels that correspond with what i'm looking for, and i read a couple of reviews of them on tripadvisor.com (which i sometimes filter with specific keywords such as "wifi"... needles to say i tend to stay in my hotel room quite a bit when i travel, so the wifi better be reliable  sillydood;
once i've made my choice i book my stay directly on the hotel's official website

Hiro

I go to the airport to book in-person, try to haggle with them and see if they have any coupons, and then I pay with a check.

Samus Aran

to answer the thread, since i didnt in my previous post - i basically just use google flights

6M69I69B9

i got some good news recently omg
will post an update v soon lol

Go Up