May 06, 2024, 10:41:25 AM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

do u hyperfixate on interests u have

Started by Samus Aran, October 03, 2022, 06:35:48 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

because i sure fuckin do. i get so into specific interests for a while that i dedicate basically all of my time and thoughts to them and dont feel like doing anything else, and it seems like i am always jumping around between different hyperfixations. ive got like a rotation of em goin on

strongbad

yeah absolutely, my life was pretty much defined by SSBM for a good 4-5 years lol

although it has been a little while since i had something that really sucked me in, which is maybe okay? i still play melee but don't really have any stake in the game (although that might change when ranked drops), which is also similar to my relationship with cycling atm. home ownership might have swayed this? been spending a lot of time trying to make my yard not look like shit, etc.

Mando Pandango

I do the same and I've learned to filter out the unproductive ones. Been spending a lot of time practicing guitar the last year or so. I'm almost good at it!
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

kind of? i get addicted to the thought of buying a thing and it wracks my brain for weeks until i buy it and then i find another thing to think about

capitalism is a disease indeed

YPrrrr

Thyme

hey guys have you heard of this game called outer wilds sillydood;

Hiro

I obsess about things I want to do and then I build it up so much that it's too overwhelming to start so I just waste time while thinking about the things I want to do  akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hiro on October 14, 2022, 03:30:57 PMI obsess about things I want to do and then I build it up so much that it's too overwhelming to start so I just waste time while thinking about the things I want to do  akudood;
Damn straight feels dude. I feel this all this time about finally writing something

Go Up