Yay or nay? y/n

Yay! boyahbby
1 (100%)
Nay. I will explain my reasoning below.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

March 14, 2021, 02:56:29 PM Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 07:44:28 AM by Magyarorszag
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mXGKLP

I came home Friday night with a shiny new 10850k in hand.

No of course I don't nearly need it. nyandood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiro on March 13, 2021, 11:42:55 PMcan I find you some weird ass cases

yes please :3

i'm not entirely sure i want a new case just yet (i mean i'm only now getting a motherboard that properly fits my current one LOL) but i do kind of like the idea of an entirely new æsthetic and totally novel pc experience

Hiro

tbh your case seems pretty decent, plus having a disc drive takes out a lot of options these days

Kalahari Inkantation

March 14, 2021, 04:47:34 PM #3 Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:14:37 PM by Magyarorszag
oh the case on pcpicker is actually just a placeholder lol

my actual one is the much older version of this

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-11-353-136

all black, no rgb

i do like it v. much but i'm also not opposed to getting something entirely new if y'all've any suggestions

I mean, I will need something to keep the old still fully functional components fully functioning in. sillydood;

Hiro

Is the disc drive a requirement then? If not I think the Fractal Meshify 2 Compact would be good for you
this also seems decent: https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-nr600-with-odd/
I personally really like small form factor cases but I understand if you don't

silvertone

cant you just pull the disk drive out and throw a hdd/sdd in their? you could in the 90s

Kalahari Inkantation

March 20, 2021, 07:25:20 AM #6 Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 09:36:54 AM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: Hiro on March 14, 2021, 05:28:15 PMIs the disc drive a requirement then?

I suppose not... it wouldn't be hard to mount an external drive to a bayless case. befuddlement

Sooo I just bought this. nyandood;

sillydood;

i am going to insist on 4, or at least 3 frontal usb ports though lol

Alright boyos hit me with your best cases in the <$130 range. A bit of æsthetix would please me, somewhat. bassir;

The Masterbate nr69™ might be a little too brutalistic.

the meshify is kinda nice but also kinda... crumpled huhdoodame;

Kalahari Inkantation

Also I found 16gb of Intel Optane™ for $10. goowan

also, fuck; newegg

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on March 20, 2021, 09:35:57 AMhttps://pcpartpicker.com/product/sjX2FT/fractal-design-case-fdcadefr5bk

COLORLESS MONOLITH

COLORLESS

M O N O L I T H

i like this implementation of brütalism much more than the nr600's, and BOY do i appreciate a case with 4 usb frontal ports

Why the fuck; is that so rare? Who the fuck; can survive on just two? psyduck;

still i would prefer something a tad more intriguing to look at lol

Kalahari Inkantation

March 20, 2021, 10:42:40 AM #10 Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 12:47:28 PM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: Thyme on March 20, 2021, 09:35:57 AM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on March 20, 2021, 07:33:40 AMalso, fuck; newegg

wow rude

i wish it weren't so but they are complete and total ass dude

I purchased this motherboard from Newegg last week.

Seemed like a decent enough discount. befuddlement

But there was a catch (that you're probably intended not to catch).

See anything unusual? I didn't either. Gee, you'd think such an important detail as "OPEN BOX" would be more prominently featured on the listing, and especially in the link to the fuck; ing listing. goonish

Yesterday I received a generic white box containing the board alone and literally nothing else. Without its accessories it is a functionally useless piece of plastic. I had no way whatsoever of knowing this is what I purchased, as "open box" clearly does not appear in the item's link. psyduck;

It took me ONE AND A HALF HOURS of half-intoxicated debating with their poor overexploited underappreciated customer service person last night before she would recognize that this was OBVIOUSLY not my fault. They wanted over $50 in shipping and """restocking""" fees for me to return their mislabeled, incomplete and defective product. goonish

I'm quite pleased to announce that I debated her down to $0. happydood;

i REALLY hate that i had to waste so much of both of our time on this stupidity though, just fukken acknowledge that your website design is poor at best and malicious at worst, and take back the garbage you sent me when i purchased something in good faith reasonably expecting it not to be garbage

jesus fuck; ing christ is that SO hard

Kalahari Inkantation

March 20, 2021, 10:46:24 AM #11 Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 10:57:17 AM by Magyarorszag
i am so glad they send us chat transcripts, you should see how utterly ridiculous this conversation was LOL

https://www.docdroid.net/XAj3zrt/gmail-newegg-your-chat-transcript-with-newegg-customer-service2-pdf

I willingly spent nearly $400 on Newegg as recently as a week ago. Now they will likely never see my business again. happydood;

And I sincerely hope this representative will find a better employer in the future. smth;

Thyme

oof damn, well i'm glad you were able to return it for free wrench;

and of course you would do this over chat  n_u
i would too

Kalahari Inkantation

March 20, 2021, 11:21:34 AM #13 Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 12:49:03 PM by Magyarorszag
it's funny you say that because i actually dread fuck; ing """chatting""" with customer service reps

i go out of my way to avoid it, i MUCH prefer calling

shitass newegg's hotline however was closed and """chat""" was my only option

And honestly I think that turned out to be a good thing. Discussing this over text allowed me ample time to develop reasonable counterpoints to Newegg's loads of bullshi. happydood;

the customer service feedback i left after the HOUR AND A HALF it took for them to do the BARE MINIMUM to correct the problem THEY caused ME:

"The customer service person I spoke to was wonderful. Newegg's policies are not. I can only hope she'll soon find a better employer."

LMAO goodjob;

Kalahari Inkantation

and in addition to the hour and a half of my invaluable time i lost to this nonsense, and the even more time and money and slightly-more-expensive-these-days-but-still-WILDLY-underpriced gas i'll also have to spend to take the damn thing to ups..........

I had fully intended on having this computer completed by tonight. I have all other necessary components. Yet I'm now delayed by AT LEAST another week. SocksDood;

honestly they should have provided me restitution for pain, suffering, lost time and lost money i COULD'VE made in a week's worth of ethereum mining as well

fuck; newegg

Go Up