I had JUST filled my tank to the very brim with WILDLY underpriced gas when

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, April 13, 2020, 02:06:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

holy shit that sucks

what's the damage like? i can't help but be curious

sorry though tec. you have comprehensive coverage, right?

Kalahari Inkantation

Guess where I just so happened to be standing when it came down?

had i been standing just two feet back or so that would very likely have been a fatal or wish-it-had-been-fatal injury 5thgrade;

came inside thoroughly spooked and covered in pine needles/dirt/bark chips lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Samus Aran on April 13, 2020, 02:09:44 PMholy shit that sucks

what's the damage like? i can't help but be curious

sorry though tec. you have comprehensive coverage, right?

the tree itself is obscuring the bulk of the damage but if you look closely at pic #4 you'll see my windshield completely imploded

the extent is a tad clearer from these angles

lol yeah that would have killed me

And the car is almost certainly totaled. Beyond the obvious damage the body is totally warped, doors barely close, etc. awdood;

i'm sure the answer to that question is yes kaz but my dad is the insuree lol

honestly it's a miracle i was even able to pry the trunk open and wrangle the groceries out at all

Nyerp

YPrrrr

Jesus... I guess the whole east coast got blasted by the same storm? It was scary out there this morning. Girlfriend's dad almost got impaled by some loose guttering apparently. We lost a gutter on our apartment building too. Makes me dread what a hurricane would do!

Glad you survived O_0

ClassicTyler

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: Magyarorszag on April 13, 2020, 02:27:18 PMGuess where I just so happened to be standing when it came down?

crazy how your hitbox is so far away from you that you can actually take a picture of it. are you a smash bros. character?

don't let's

Glad you're okay. Hopefully the car situation won't cost too much.

Karel

that sucks bud, but how about some tree facts??

Judging by its cone shape and blue-green foliage, I'd wager it's a Norway Spruce (Picea abies), native to Eurasia and commonly cultivated in the northeastern US landscape.

I've actually been sitting here for awhile trying to determine if it was a Blue Spruce (Picea pungens) or a Norway Spruce. The former because Blue Spruce are also common in the northeastern landscape, although they truly belong to the mountainous Colorado-Utah-Wyoming region, where they love to cling to rocky slopes and like the more arid side of things. With regard to that, I've seen so many Blue Spruces fail in the northeast. They hate the wet seasons and often get too stressed to live a full life. They'll get huge, and then heave up from the ground after long storms.

However, the cone shape is more likely attributable to the Norway, a little longer and a little more slender. Blue Spruces can eventually become green like that if under stress, but the needles aren't as thickly distributed.

Now, Norway Spruce don't pretend to like the water too much, either. They can do fine if the water is properly dispersed, but in grassy landscapes like this, it's not the case. They like to be surrounded by their homies. Although, the way it broke at the base like that can leave much to be investigated, and I can't tell much from what I see. It could be a mix of root rot from heavy water over a long period of time, sustained storms, and leverage from the winds.

Hiro

jesus christ man, glad you're okay

is it weird that my first thought before even thinking about the damage was "that's a nice looking car"  goodjob;

Kalahari Inkantation

thx y'all lol

tfw the base of that tree is like 40ft+ away from anything significant and it had a FULL 360 DEGREES it could have fallen in and of course it just so happened to land in the comparatively tiny region where the cars and i stood SocksDood;

Quote from: YPrrrr on April 13, 2020, 04:18:31 PMJesus... I guess the whole east coast got blasted by the same storm? It was scary out there this morning. Girlfriend's dad almost got impaled by some loose guttering apparently. We lost a gutter on our apartment building too. Makes me dread what a hurricane would do!

Glad you survived O_0

yeah those winds were insane, felt like 70mph at points lol

i had flashbacks to hurricane sandy hook (#neverforget), which also claimed one of our trees as a casualty

i almost got blown over exiting my dentist's office (hooray emergency dental work nyandood;) lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiro on April 14, 2020, 11:09:29 PMjesus christ man, glad you're okay

is it weird that my first thought before even thinking about the damage was "that's a nice looking car"  goodjob;

lmao we were JUST talking about our lexuses like three days ago

And yeah, it is. I actually really liked that car and I'm gonna miss it tremendously. It wasn't even a year old, we'd gotten it around last August. awdood;

Go Up