May 11, 2021, 01:15:45 AM

1,537,368 Posts in 46,289 Topics by 1,526 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Strong. Bad. David. Bday.

Started by Travis, September 05, 2019, 02:41:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i feel ya ypr my job feels like a complete waste of time for an organization that's quickly running towards its own demise, but its also comfortable and trying to find something new right now seems like a pain in the ass lol

also my brain is soup

ME##

YPR find some group that will help you spearhead your centrist wet dream political campaign to be Virginia Beach's newest city councilman

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 24, 2021, 05:50:42 PMi feel ya ypr my job feels like a complete waste of time for an organization that's quickly running towards its own demise, but its also comfortable and trying to find something new right now seems like a pain in the ass lol

also my brain is soup
that's a large part of it too lol - that I could start doing something else but I'll get paid absolute jack and have to start all over again right when I'm finally able to start saving some money. Sooo lousy pay for potentially fulfilling work or decent pay for boring unfulfilling but easy job? Bleh.

Also yes soup brain.

YPrrrr

Quote from: ME## on February 24, 2021, 08:39:28 PMYPR find some group that will help you spearhead your centrist wet dream political campaign to be Virginia Beach's newest city councilman
Based on all the other councilmembers I guess that means I need to start working for the bank since most of them do lol

ME##

Quote from: YPrrrr on February 24, 2021, 09:32:06 PM
Quote from: ME## on February 24, 2021, 08:39:28 PMYPR find some group that will help you spearhead your centrist wet dream political campaign to be Virginia Beach's newest city councilman
d on all the other councilmembers I guess that means I need to start working for the bank since most of them do lol

Lame

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

d on all the other councilmembers I guess that means I need to start working for the bank since most of them do lol
t;tired of bank fucks? vote for me!" - ypr

you'll be the bernie sanders of virgina beach

??????

Quote from: silvertone on February 24, 2021, 03:01:13 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on February 24, 2021, 02:19:34 PMOh yeah and the rapidly hurdling toward my inevitable demise thing and that every day my body is gradually falling apart and I will never again have the youthful energy or clarity of mind that I once had.
Youre probably older than me but i feel more powerful now [bodywise] than ever
*feels ur pecs and ur abs* Very vigor & Viril man body

YPrrrr

Quote from: The Hand That Fisted Everyone on February 24, 2021, 09:58:59 PM
t;tired of bank fucks? vote for me!" - ypr

you'll be the bernie sanders of virgina beach
ld unfortunately probably have the same success in getting elected as Bernie too. saddood; I might be too much of a Yankee

silvertone

Quote from: ?????? on February 24, 2021, 11:58:36 PM
Quote from: silvertone on February 24, 2021, 03:01:13 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on February 24, 2021, 02:19:34 PMOh yeah and the rapidly hurdling toward my inevitable demise thing and that every day my body is gradually falling apart and I will never again have the youthful energy or clarity of mind that I once had.
Youre probably older than me but i feel more powerful now [bodywise] than ever
*feels ur pecs and ur abs* Very vigor & Viril man body

o_O

strongbad

Quote from: YPrrrr on February 24, 2021, 02:17:25 PMPurpose mostly!

But also for some dumb reason it's reminiscing about some girl I dated 10 years ago and then I feel like a shithead for even having said thoughts when I'm with a lovely person right now.

I wish I had a job that I felt proud of doing. Or was just making more money or something.

Just that usual thing where I feel like I've completely wasted the ludicrous headstart and advantages I was given over most people

Brain is really pulling up a smorgasbord of these things usually it's more focused

How bout you, what's yours focusing on now?
relate to all of this

working from home is driving me crazy, feeling unambitious and unmotivated. miss the few social interactions that i was having pre-covid. anxious about taking next steps in my relationship (marriage + house + kids) but that's where i'm headed. don't want to leave my gf but also am scared about making more sacrifices in my life because i feel so unfulfilled as it is. just anxious about everything lol

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 24, 2021, 05:50:42 PMi feel ya ypr my job feels like a complete waste of time for an organization that's quickly running towards its own demise, but its also comfortable and trying to find something new right now seems like a pain in the ass lol

also my brain is soup
i 100% feel the same way about my org. is this how everyone in the corporate world feels?

starting to think that i would enjoy blue collar work more. feeling like my skillset directly goes toward something instead of fulfilling bullshit requirements from management that feel totally arbitrary.

C.Mongler

yea i feel like i spend 50% of my work time dealing with meta nonsense about WHAT IT MEANS TO WORK AT THIS ORGANIZATION and HOW TO MOVE FORWARD and STRATEGY and shit when i just want to code shit man give me a project or leave me alone

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 26, 2021, 09:33:47 AMyea i feel like i spend 50% of my work time dealing with meta nonsense about WHAT IT MEANS TO WORK AT THIS ORGANIZATION and HOW TO MOVE FORWARD and STRATEGY and shit when i just want to code shit man give me a project or leave me alone
yes. why do they think this stuff helps. it's every corporate cliche comes into fruition and they don't notice how ridiculous it is. i swear to god there was a month long period where i heard the word "relentless" in company meetings 50 times lol

am currently very very anxious about making minimal progress on my current project and this last week has been 100% meetings and ad-hoc data requests that seem to only exist to appease management. feels like the only way to make genuine progress right now is to start working nights and weekends which i also can't bring myself to do hocuspocus;

YPrrrr

Quote from: strongbad on February 26, 2021, 09:32:14 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on February 24, 2021, 02:17:25 PMPurpose mostly!

But also for some dumb reason it's reminiscing about some girl I dated 10 years ago and then I feel like a shithead for even having said thoughts when I'm with a lovely person right now.

I wish I had a job that I felt proud of doing. Or was just making more money or something.

Just that usual thing where I feel like I've completely wasted the ludicrous headstart and advantages I was given over most people

Brain is really pulling up a smorgasbord of these things usually it's more focused

How bout you, what's yours focusing on now?
relate to all of this

working from home is driving me crazy, feeling unambitious and unmotivated. miss the few social interactions that i was having pre-covid. anxious about taking next steps in my relationship (marriage + house + kids) but that's where i'm headed. don't want to leave my gf but also am scared about making more sacrifices in my life because i feel so unfulfilled as it is. just anxious about everything lol

also my brain is soup
i 100% feel the same way about my org. is this how everyone in the corporate world feels?

starting to think that i would enjoy blue collar work more. feeling like my skillset directly goes toward something instead of fulfilling bullshit requirements from management that feel totally arbitrary.
eah I definitely feel you on the joys of marital bliss too. I do want to get married, but the actual hubbub around the ceremony itself is gonna be super stressful. I do want to get a house, but that takes some serious saving and money over time. I do want kids but I know that means 20 years of focusing on them rather than having much time to work on any personal goals.

Bleh. These are definitely first world problems but it still stresses my candy ass out

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Hiro

don't have kids, have a small wedding like I did, problem solved wrench;
but yeah no in my experience blue collar jobs have just as much bullshit to deal with as white collar jobs, although it probably depends a lot on the industry
I don't think most jobs are actually meaningful in any real way too, which is why I want to do creative work because I at least appreciate the results

Go Up