PotD: What denominations of currency are currently in your wallet/purse?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 01, 2018, 08:50:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

What's in your wallet?

$1
4 (25%)
$2
4 (25%)
$5
3 (18.8%)
$10
0 (0%)
$20
3 (18.8%)
$50
1 (6.3%)
$100
0 (0%)
Other
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

note that i am not asking you how much money is in your wallet, only which denominations currently occupy it

$5, $2 and $1 in USD for me, and also a single canadian $20

LCK

reeper

I try to keep enough for lunch and/or change now in case I go to lunch with coworkers.

20, 5, 1s

C.Mongler

I have a single $1 bill and a single $2, miscut bill that I carry around for some reason.

Kalahari Inkantation

i have 42 $2 bills, many of which are fresh from the mint, and only $7 in other us denominations sillydood;

reeper

one of the engineers that visited from China to complete some work asked me if I had a $2 bill. he seemed interested in having one for himself.

I was like yeah man its at home in my stash of $2 bills. I was going to trade him so he could have one but he ended up never coming back to america. he now is a design engineer for apple in China.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: reeper on September 01, 2018, 10:53:50 AMone of the engineers that visited from China to complete some work asked me if I had a $2 bill. he seemed interested in having one for himself.

I was like yeah man its at home in my stash of $2 bills. I was going to trade him so he could have one but he ended up never coming back to america. he now is a design engineer for apple in China.

if you have his contact deetz you should ship him a few, i'm sure he'd appreciate it lol

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

and yet people are still weird about it. i got this $2 from a stack someone used to pay for their foods when i worked at dominos. i traded a $10 i had for five of em, only keeping this one cuz its a weirdo, and I spent the rest as normal monies. i cant remember where exactly but one dude was deff like ARE THESE REAL and called his manager over who was like uhh yeah dummy they're real wtf

reeper

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 06, 2018, 08:31:28 AMand yet people are still weird about it. i got this $2 from a stack someone used to pay for their foods when i worked at dominos. i traded a $10 i had for five of em, only keeping this one cuz its a weirdo, and I spent the rest as normal monies. i cant remember where exactly but one dude was deff like ARE THESE REAL and called his manager over who was like uhh yeah dummy they're real wtf
e is a WHOLE documentary on 2 dollar bills lol

clip from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STtQahsEqdE

Kalahari Inkantation

and it still happens

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2016/05/04/police-called-after-student-tries-to-buy-lunch-with-2-bill/

lol

they are perceived to be rare so people hoard them, which takes them out of circulation and makes them less visible, which further sustains the perception of them being uncommon, and so on 

they're stuck in a feedback loop

strongbad

I currently have one $5 bill- I never have cash unless I am planning to go to a marijuana store lol

When I worked in the cafe I'd get $2 bills every now and then. Sometimes I'd buy them from the register but eventually I decided the novelty was dumb and spent them lol

Go Up