May 09, 2024, 09:40:48 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Do Likes Represent the Facebookification of Boyah?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 04, 2018, 11:05:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

Likes are destroying Boyah and must be disabled at once. I will expound my argument below.
2 (22.2%)
Likes must remain enabled. They are in fact a necessary step in making Boyah more competitive with Facebook and its ilk.
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

August 04, 2018, 11:05:43 AM Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:35:58 AM by Magyarorszag
Likes probably do represent the Facebookification of Boyah at least somewhat, but truthfully, not all elements of Facebook are necessarily bad. Zucc must have done something right in order for his platform to have become the single largest and most powerful social network in human history by several orders of magnitude. srsly

Doodthing has recently answered our prayers and Facebook is finally beginning to decline. We must do all we can to ensure that we are poised to capitalize on this massive opportunity to become the next big social network. If that means the implementation of likes, you better believe I'm all for it. srs

i personally think likes increase net interactivity of boyah's users with boyah too lol, and part of what helped to make facebook massive is keeping users engaged

so be sure to like/comment/subscribe and make your opinion heard n_n

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on August 04, 2018, 11:35:51 AMwhere's the option in the poll for "does this really even matter?"

well that's not an option because it actually does :|

C.Mongler

Thyme

YPrrrr

It's not bad facebook until my relatives are on it, ads are implemented, and I only see posts suggested to me

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

btw, a vote for "likes are destroying boyah" is also a vote for "i will expound my argument below"

as in, it doesn't count unless you explain yourself n_n

[hedy]Zidone

it looks dumb. i would only ironically like it if it was a pray button

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: [hedy]Zidone on August 04, 2018, 02:47:00 PMit looks dumb. i would only ironically like it if it was a pray button

i agree that it looks dumb, but boyah as a whole looks dumb atm lol

but these æsthetic issues will be addressed in time (...i hope, snorkel)

The artist formally known

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 04, 2018, 02:50:37 PM
Quote from: [hedy]Zidone on August 04, 2018, 02:47:00 PMit looks dumb. i would only ironically like it if it was a pray button

i agree that it looks dumb, but boyah as a whole looks dumb atm lol

but these æsthetic issues will be addressed in time (...i hope, snorkel)
Same, the speed and functionality of the forum is great but hopefully we can get a better theme and maybe make the wording more Boyah like.

don't let's

Well one thing they could do is cut down on when people quote something without adding anything to it. And cut down on posts as a side effect.

The artist formally known

Quote from: don't let's on August 04, 2018, 07:34:56 PMWell one thing they could do is cut down on when people quote something without adding anything to it. And cut down on posts as a side effect.

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up