May 08, 2024, 04:41:22 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

huge flaws in ur favorite games

Started by Samus Aran, July 30, 2018, 10:29:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

-metroid prime is amazing overall but even a fanboy like me will admit that it has HUGE backtracking problems that the 2D metroid games didn't. mostly the artifact fetch quest which is legitimately bad.

-wind waker is my favorite zelda and one of my favorite games ever BUT why are there so many lame, virtually identical tiny islands, why are there so few dungeons, and why why why do we have to do the lame-ass triforce shard hunt? wow a lot like the artifact shit in prime lmao

-mirror's edge has a lame story, bad combat, a ridiculously terrible "final boss" room of the last level, and the cutscenes have a shit art style. but GOD I LOVE THIS GAME for its core gameplay

Kalahari Inkantation

-super mario galaxy's postgame being almost exactly identical to the main game, and that being the only way to achieve 100% completion

TooB

Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls....

Most late game areas too

Hiro

now this is a good thread

gta v is amazing but the ending is laaaaaaame and online is a disgrace
in shadow of the colossus the physics can be a bit wonky and there really should be just a tad more hidden goodies

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on July 30, 2018, 10:32:32 PMBed of Chaos in Dark Souls....

Most late game areas too

Everything after New Londo Ruins, really. awdood;

and even new londo ruins feels underdeveloped

Kalahari Inkantation

-skyrim being an inexcusably unstable glitchy piece of crap that basically requires mods to fix and is nigh unplayable on consoles

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2018, 10:33:12 PMin shadow of the colossus the physics can be a bit wonky and there really should be just a tad more hidden goodies

"a bit" lmao

the physics in sotc can be downright insane at times, and it's incredibly buggy

look at this shit that happened to me in the latest version on the ps4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq0p1PsUqLs

it really is one of my favorite games of all time though

Thyme

- the witcher 3's sidequests don't scale with your level
which kind of sucks because a lot of them are actually interesting, but you won't want to do them because the reward isn't worth it
...afaicr this was the only issue i had with the game lol
well the ps4 normie version had some framedrop issues as well

- persona 5 might actually genuinely be too long?
i mean, P3 and P4 weren't as long and they didn't need to be as long either

- skyrim is JANKY AS FUCK tec already posted it anyway

- yoshi's island is too short saddood;

Kalahari Inkantation

July 30, 2018, 10:41:55 PM #8 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:11:44 AM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2018, 10:33:12 PMin shadow of the colossus [...] there really should be just a tad more hidden goodies

this is really my only complaint about sotc: i wish there were more to be found

i can't even complain about the physics or framerate too much because i so greatly admire the sheer technical spectacle japan studio managed to pull off on ps2 lol

Kalahari Inkantation

-demon's souls is just way too punitive

-bloodborne's plot is ridiculous

i can follow up to the point of 'playing with poorly understood forces leads to human augmentation gone horribly wrong', but beyond that it just gets wacky lol

TooB

Kefka's tower is among the worst final dungeons in rpgs

Nyerp

TooB

Daddy

BotW was fun (not my favorite) but the variety of enemies was terrible.

Most of the *blins and some lizalfos, plus their skeletons made it. Small things like Chuchus, octoroks, and keese made it. Some of the larger minibosses (lynel, hinox) made it but it is missing:

Stalfos
Redeads/Gibdos
Darknuts and/or Iron Knuckles
Poes
Wall/floor masters
Beamos
Like Like
Tektite
Dodongo
Skulltilla
Deku {baba, scrub} (or even NPC dekus)
Wolfos
Armos
Peahat

These are enemies that were pretty common in some of the bigger games, if not most of of them, and i'm not sure how even the DLC didn't bring these guys in.

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on July 31, 2018, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on July 31, 2018, 11:20:33 AMmario can't shoot gun

He can, in Kingdom Battle.
are you implying that that's one of my favorite games

Go Up