May 23, 2019, 11:54:01 AM

1,536,588 Posts in 46,084 Topics by 1,108 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

wElCoMe TO BoYaH 2! [COMPLAINT THREAD]

Started by Lifetrends, July 22, 2018, 12:44:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Quote from: David on July 22, 2018, 06:01:32 AM
Quote from: don't let's on July 22, 2018, 05:17:21 AMAlso, I can't tell who people are anymore because only display names show up on the posts
signatures are loading for me lol
I guess I should turn those back on, but I mean the username doesn't display anymore. And that's my go-to sometimes between certain blue/purple users.

Which might make this a little harder too since the colors only show on the activity section at the bottom.

Hiro

what the fuck is this
where's my fucking responsive smokes theme

sc2020

sorry there was an election led by tec and we scrapped it

Magyarorszag

Aaand of course, we ended up losing an entire night's worth of posts anyway. Who didn't see that coming?

Why didn't we shut the site down for maintenance, make a precautionary backup, and then initiate the upgrade? >_<'  >_<'  >_<'

sc2020

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 22, 2018, 11:25:53 AMAaand of course, we ended up losing an entire night's worth of posts anyway. Who didn't see that coming?

Why didn't we shut the site down for maintenance, make a precautionary backup, and then initiate the upgrade? >_<'  >_<'  >_<'
sorry you voted for this, you said it wasnt going to be easy

Magyarorszag

yes and that's true but issues like that one at the very least could almost certainly have been avoided with some basic planning and coordination

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

its been 25 years of complaining about no boyah 2.0 and then boyah 2.0 happens....

Hiro

wait what fucking posts did we lose
also we need the max page width to be fixed at minimum until we get smokes3 ready

Lifetrends

what the fuck are these >> SYMBOLS on the board indexes. pissing me off

the database was converted to UTF-8 as part of the upgrade process but apparently something is still trying to use other chars

Quote from: interpolhezbollahyakuza on July 22, 2018, 06:24:12 AMI'm gonna be a little bitch and ask for one or two themes that look like old SMF, or at least look as nice. Please and thanks.

agreed, will work on it

Lifetrends

Quote from: ??? on July 22, 2018, 12:00:44 PMwait what fucking posts did we lose
also we need the max page width to be fixed at minimum until we get smokes3 ready

I can do that

The usernames and display names thing is kind of bothering me too, I'll see about that

Magyarorszag

TooB

Magyarorszag

Quote from: Big Goop on July 22, 2018, 12:36:15 PMI don't like change :(

we had to peel the bandaid off at some point lol

worry not, it'll start looking and feeling more like boyah

Hiro

what is the * below our avatars
also what tags are borked at the moment? spoilers and youtube i know

Magyarorszag

Go Up