June 04, 2024, 10:04:57 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

nu-male pursuits

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 17, 2018, 12:24:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Are you a nu-male/nu-female?

Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 25, 2018, 03:44:32 PMi'm probably the most normal person on boyah lol
Okay mommy boi

Kalahari Inkantation

i think it's pretty normal to admire mommy characteristics wry

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 25, 2018, 03:49:31 PMi think it's pretty normal to admire mommy characteristics wry
Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 25, 2018, 03:49:31 PMi think it's pretty normal to admire mommy characteristics wry
Well I guess you do have Freud in your corner n_u

Mando Pandango

Quote from: FAMY2 on July 25, 2018, 02:31:54 PMWear that stuff in public you guys. Why buy it and not proudly wear it?
bitch I DO
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Travis

Kalahari Inkantation

Thank you Travis. I'm glad someone's willing to acknowledge the truth. baddood;

bluaki

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on July 17, 2018, 12:34:11 PMI've seen all of them and Spider-Man Homecoming is far and away the best
I've seen them all too and agree with this

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on July 18, 2018, 06:37:23 PMtbh before this thread i'd never heard the term "nu-male"
Same. I can't even find a reference to "nu-female" outside this thread.

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 20, 2018, 02:14:05 PMnu-female might not have its own separate entry, but things like

• thick plastic frames (esp. w/o functional lenses)
  • nintendo switch ownership
  • gets cucked by bf/husband
  • using the word "literally"
  • blogging
  • etc.

still apply to both sexes lol
Well, I guess I have thick plastic glasses frames and a Switch and I use twitter+tumblr, so more than half. I literally never use the word literally figuratively.

I don't wear gaming-related apparel much. I have a couple Pokémon t-shirts I haven't worn in a fairly long time, and cosplays, but that's pretty much it. I tend to stick with shirts that are plain, basic non-vivid floral, or Disney. I also have a nasa one and one with a cat silhouette.

bluaki

I don't know if tec would consider this part of the nu-whatever umbrella, but I think it might:

Lately I've been consuming about as much if not more meal-replacement junk than real meals, mostly because of a combination of laziness+depression+apathy. It's stuff like Soylent, protein shakes, other nutrition shakes (Equate, Boost, etc), and various nutrition bars like Clif and Larabar.

Even those "real meals" for me usually amounts to stuff like fast food, frozen meals, cold-cut sandwiches, canned fruit, cereal, and yogurt

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on July 26, 2018, 03:57:23 AMSoylent

This, by definition, would make you the female equivalent of a soyboy. sillydood;

but i personally haven't seen any evidence that those sorts of nutrition supplements are a poor dietary choice so long as they're only being used as supplements

and again, soy is so common in the western diet that to pejoratively call someone a "soyboy" is just a step beyond calling someone a "food-eater" lol

Quote from: bluaki on July 26, 2018, 03:57:23 AMfast food, frozen meals, cold-cut sandwiches, canned fruit, cereal, and yogurt

i wouldn't really call this menu nu-male/nu-female

it's just the standard diet of a single young american with questionable nutritional habits sillydood;

bluaki

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 26, 2018, 04:38:07 AM
Quote from: bluaki on July 26, 2018, 03:57:23 AMSoylent

This, by definition, would make you the female equivalent of a soyboy. sillydood;

but i personally haven't seen any evidence that those sorts of nutrition supplements are a poor dietary choice so long as they're only being used as supplements
I don't think I'm entirely opposed to the kind of diet that's basically consuming 5 Soylent bottles a day (each one is 400 cal, 20% DV of everything in the nutrition facts table), but that's expensive. With each 12-pack being $39, I think that calculates to about $16/day + tax (minus moderate Amazon discounts), which apparently tons of reviewers (who I'm guessing must live somewhere like San Francisco) claim is "really cheap" but to me is undoubtedly more than I'd spend on meals even if I order out for every meal every day. Instead I've been drinking more like one a day lately. Occasionally maybe two.

Other diet/nutrition products definitely have very unbalanced nutritional value, but Soylent is specifically designed to perfectly meet the needs of an average adult based on the current understanding of nutritional science. Of course that's really inaccurate compared to personalized nutritional needs and nutritional science has a long way to go, but it's not like the other stuff I'd otherwise consume is anywhere near the same ballpark.

silvertone

bro you can't eat just Soylent

ME##

I remember Hiro and Kettu had a bunch of soylent.  The coffee one was the biggest disappointment in my life

C.Mongler

i ordered two cases of soylent and drank like 5 servings and was tired of it lol i let like 55 servings go bad

bluaki

Quote from: David on July 26, 2018, 07:46:26 AMI remember Hiro and Kettu had a bunch of soylent.  The coffee one was the biggest disappointment in my life
Yeah, they have like 6 flavors now and I can't really tolerate most of them. I actually like the chocolate one ("Cacao") and their new Strawberry one is okay.

that said I can't stand the taste of real coffee either n_u

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 26, 2018, 07:47:26 AMi ordered two cases of soylent and drank like 5 servings and was tired of it lol i let like 55 servings go bad
Don't the bottles last like two years at room temperature? Or was that the powder version?

Hiro

I have a case of the strawberry in my fridge and a box of original powder that my sister gave me
kettu hates the original but i think it's just fine, it tastes like pancake batter.
the strawberry is p good though
also I don't think it has soy in it does it?

the powder lasts a year or two, and checking the bottles it seems to be about a year too

Go Up