January 23, 2022, 03:20:17 AM

1,539,139 Posts in 46,348 Topics by 1,522 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

smash bros. ultimate

Started by Samus Aran, June 12, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Hiro on December 18, 2018, 09:54:31 AM
Quote from: Samus Aran on December 18, 2018, 04:18:08 AMwhy would you even say Reimu though

Touhou is a niche series of PC games in an already niche genre made by a single guy who's never released anything on a Nintendo console. or any console.
ean you could say the same about some other characters in Smash aside from the PC part, also isn't there a Touhou game on the Switch now?
From what I understand the series is pretty popular in Japan so I could see it, after all the US never had a Fire Emblem until a while after Roy and Marth in Melee.

The touhou games we have on console aren't technically "official." They're basically fan made indie games that got popular enough to release on console

Samus Aran

Quote from: TooB on December 18, 2018, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: Hiro on December 18, 2018, 09:54:31 AM
Quote from: Samus Aran on December 18, 2018, 04:18:08 AMwhy would you even say Reimu though

Touhou is a niche series of PC games in an already niche genre made by a single guy who's never released anything on a Nintendo console. or any console.
I mean you could say the same about some other characters in Smash aside from the PC part, also isn't there a Touhou game on the Switch now?
From what I understand the series is pretty popular in Japan so I could see it, after all the US never had a Fire Emblem until a while after Roy and Marth in Melee.

The touhou games we have on console aren't technically "official." They're basically fan made indie games that got popular enough to release on console

This. They're fan games that ZUN happened to approve of. The actual Touhou games have never made it off PC, and until the most recent one (which is on Steam also), they were also never published on anything other than doujin CD-ROMs.

Also, Touhou is not anywhere near as popular as stuff like Persona or Fire Emblem lmao, it's extremely niche. It just happens to generate a lot of fan art.

Samus Aran

that being said, if Reimu was in Smash of course i'd use the fuck out of her

bluaki

Quote from: YPrrrr on December 17, 2018, 04:54:02 PMJoker makes just about everyone a possibility imo it's nuts
Why? How does Joker stand out any more than Cloud did in this respect?

Like Cloud, he's a popular third-party character whose main game went to PlayStation and who has only ever had minor roles (Theatrythm and KH Chain of Memories for Cloud, Persona Q2 for Joker) on a Nintendo system. At least Joker has very slightly more prominence on Nintendo systems now than Cloud did as of 2015.

Unlike Cloud, Joker's inclusion also doubles as advertising for new games and more: P5 is still relatively recent, PQ2 and Dancing in Starlight are both brand new, there could be a not-yet-announced P5 Switch port, P5 anime is ongoing, and new P5 figures and other merch are still coming out. Atlus even was already involved in SSBU before DLC development started.

AAAAAAAA

Joker's only slightly more surprising than Snake. Arguably less.

TooB

I guess if anything, at least Cloud is much more well known.

YPrrrr

Quote from: TooB on December 19, 2018, 01:15:45 AMI guess if anything, at least Cloud is much more well known.

Everyone knows Cloud

YPrrrr

December 19, 2018, 03:58:06 AM #412 Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:14:04 AM by YPrrrr
Also nothing as saddening as getting the zoom in, slow mo kill confirmation in an online match (on FD) and they don't die and then you lose because you put the controller down saddood;

Samus Aran

the zoom-in is pretty often not a kill confirm lol, i don't think it's necessarily intended to be

YPrrrr

December 19, 2018, 01:13:56 PM #414 Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:20:38 PM by YPrrrr
Idk what else it would be intended to be considering that it's only used on the last stock when the damage should kill (a similar but less dramatic one is used on F Punch, Warlock Punch, etc.). It's clearly designed to be the finishing image of the match

I guess it just doesn't take DI into account (or obviously platforms if anyone plays on regular stages)

Thyme

idk i think it adds suspense that they're not 100% lethal

YPrrrr

Snowy

don't be a dingus and put down your controller then!!!!
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 05, 2009, 12:50:30 PMlast night i bludgeoned a bull moose to death with my cock

TooB

Quote from: YPrrrr on December 19, 2018, 01:13:56 PMIdk what else it would be intended to be considering that it's only used on the last stock when the damage should kill (a similar but less dramatic one is used on F Punch, Warlock Punch, etc.). It's clearly designed to be the finishing image of the match

I guess it just doesn't take DI into account (or obviously platforms if anyone plays on regular stages)

its not only used in the last stock. I see it happen multiple times throughout the match

bluaki

December 20, 2018, 12:49:49 AM #419 Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:03:02 AM by bluaki
A few days ago I finished Classic with every character and then finished collecting every spirit... except for Partner Pikachu, since apparently there is currently no way to obtain it without a copy of Let's Go Pikachu (and I only have Eevee), though that'll supposedly be changed after a future patch. That's 1298/1299 spirits. I'd consider this 100% completion.

Quote from: TooB on December 19, 2018, 11:04:20 PMits not only used in the last stock. I see it happen multiple times throughout the match
That's actually a different mechanic: zooming in for critical hits rather than just a potentially finishing blow.

That happens often with certain moves like Ridley's Down+B, PK Thunder, Home Run, etc.

Go Up