March 28, 2024, 01:48:53 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

2018 Reading Challenge

Started by Samus Aran, January 09, 2018, 01:54:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

it was good but it’s historical fiction so it was obviously pretty dry compared to the other books i read

reeper

The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future by Kevin Kelly

Was really good at parts, other parts I was like dude come on you gotta be off your rockers. I think he has a good overall perception in the way technology is leading us and the high level ideas he has are great.

reeper

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on April 25, 2018, 02:40:59 AM
i really love Japanese writing, and not just because i'm a weeb. the post-war styles are heavy with disaffection, deep introspection/reflection, juxtapositions of realism and spirituality, and laid-back approaches to plot and setting that often stress mood more than action. and they're often just generally "chill," in a way that i'm not sure how else to describe. honestly i'm pretty addicted to Japanese novels. so many of my favorite books i've read the past few years have all been Japanese lol

my favorites thus far are Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami, Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe, Setting Sun by Osamu Dazai, and Naoko by Kiego Igashino
That was really enlightening, I see what you mean.

I've been so addicted to non-fiction I might have to try to get some fiction.

Hiro

I should read the few books I have, I purchased both Wind Up Bird Chronicle and House of Leaves years ago and barely got anywhere.

silvertone

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 20, 2018, 11:21:51 PM
I should read the few books I have, I purchased both Wind Up Bird Chronicle and House of Leaves years ago and barely got anywhere.
read the caterpillar book

reeper

Quote from: sc2020 on July 21, 2018, 12:04:20 AM
Quote from: ƕɾο on July 20, 2018, 11:21:51 PMI should read the few books I have, I purchased both Wind Up Bird Chronicle and House of Leaves years ago and barely got anywhere.
the caterpillar book
house of leaves is one of my favorite books.

Go Up