Literally The Current Year And We're Still Having Abortion Debates (On Boyah)

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 08, 2017, 04:31:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rdl

*citing logical fallacies

its like an apple trying to fug an orange

Kalahari Inkantation

May 09, 2017, 03:37:41 PM #61 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:44:21 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 12:33:20 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 12:17:32 PM
Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 12:11:33 PM
Constitutional rights are irrelevant in the discussion of homicide. Most states have laws that give criminal punishment to those that would kill a fetus outside of an abortion clinic despite a lack of constitutional rights for the fetus.

i addressed this, though perhaps not in full

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 12:02:22 PM
the expectant mother who was a victim of homicide or assault that resulted in the termination of pregnancy had her personal agency forcefully and illegally taken from her, thus violating her constitutional rights

Right, but it's not charged as a violation of agency. It's charged as a homicide. Why?

because the expectant mother, the only legal person with agency and constitutional rights in the expectant mother-fetus relationship, decided that one day the fetus would, like her, be allowed to develop into a legal person with agency and constitutional rights

then her asshole ex kicked her like a stray animal and terminated the unconscious cluster of cells that the expectant mother had herself decided would eventually develop into a legal person with agency and constitutional rights

and thus the homicide charges*

*but only in 21 states as it's an extremely difficult situation to define well, as we now know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feticide#Laws_in_the_United_States

Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 12:33:20 PM
As I've stated numerous times consciousness is not a requisite for life
If you for whatever believe consciousness is required for life, which goes against scientific understanding of life

you keep conflating the biological definition of life:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life#Definitions

with consciousness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness#In_the_dictionary

i started off making the same mistake

i have since corrected myself

i am unsure if conflating the terms is a deliberate strategy on your part, but i will continue to pinpoint it every time you do it

i have never once argued that consciousness is a prerequisite for the biological definition of life

i have several times argued that consciousness is a prerequisite for being awarded legal personhood, along with which comes constitutional rights

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ADX on May 09, 2017, 01:15:06 PM
its like an apple trying to fug an orange

i'm not sure what this means but lol

YPrrrr

That you equate human life with an animals' is sad.

You're just in denial. You call it a clump of cells. You call it a stray animal. Prior to this post you demand proof of consciousness. You demand it need personhood despite that being being a philosophical debate with no firm definition. Unless you're quoting the American legal definition of personhood to me in which case that is hilarious because that ascribes personhood to corporations.

You're just doing a lot of backtracking at this point because you are unable to accept the truth. Anything to avoid admitting it is human.

Kalahari Inkantation

May 09, 2017, 03:56:20 PM #64 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:59:32 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 03:54:51 PM

oh my goodness

ypr, please reread this and recognize that your previous post is an emotional response

i am not making any value judgements whatsoever

YPrrrr

Simple question: is a human zygote a living thing?
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 03:56:20 PM

oh my goodness

You are comparing human offspring to stray animals are you not?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 08, 2017, 10:27:13 PM
what's especially ironic is that it seems like we agree

i think you just take issue with how cold/heartless/mechanical i sound about it lol n_u

[spoiler]

but that's exactly what debates of any kind are supposed to be like: cold and factual

yet if i were go to a local abortion debate and compare the matter to the execution of strays, i myself would be executed on the spot, like a stray

the whole reason it's so difficult to resolve this particular issue is because emotional stakes are high, nobody is rational behind all the shrieking and tears and worthless anecdotes, and anyone attempting to remove emotion from the equation as should be done gets perceived as a heartless, inhuman, and irrelevant[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 09, 2017, 03:56:20 PM

oh my goodness

ypr, please reread this and recognize that your previous post:

http://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,68851.msg1541692.html#msg1541692

is an emotional response

i am not making any value judgements whatsoever

YPrrrr

Yes cold and factual yet relies upon strawmen that avoid my point.

Cold and factual but cannot admit cold truth that something is homicidal because that would be problematic

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

please identify my strawman argument(s)

and again, we are using different definitions of homicide

under the legal definition, i have clearly defined what homicide is and is not

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 04:05:54 PM
Quote from: YPargh on May 09, 2017, 03:57:20 PM
Simple question: is a human zygote a living thing?

What is your definition of "living"?

rdl

and really it depends on what the definition of "is" is

Kalahari Inkantation

Thyme

Go Up