April 27, 2024, 04:50:05 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

anyone want to buy a bunch of gaming stuff

Started by strongbad, October 31, 2016, 02:24:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rdl

got oot today and mystery gba game, thanks!

i haven't tested it, also idk what version it is, sort of looks like xxA but it also looks like xx1 which would mean version 1.0. either way, it's an earlier version than the one i played as a kid.

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 07, 2016, 05:16:22 PM
what the hell is a nra toploader, some kinda rifle????

wow autocorrect has an agenda

C.Mongler

david this thread is pretty much dead now since yo ugave all your vidja away so im using it as my own personal PM; you have a 3ds flashcart right? does it work nicely? with all firmwares? is it a sky3ds+? cuz im thinkin bout that one but i have like the second to most recent FW lol, think im gonna buy that new $99 new 3ds deal and leave this one to be my pirate bitch

strongbad

nah i never actually purchased a 3DS lol but i am also eyeing that deal

i think (?) you can softmod to play backups but i dont know what firmware you need to be on. been a while since i looked into it. let me know if/when you figure it out though i am interested and this stuff is always more cryptic to figure out than it should be

also i saw a 2DS for $50 used at a local shop is that unusual? seems way too cheap

C.Mongler

yeah i dunno i might get one towards the end of the month if i end up getting one at all lol, its like $100 and there's barely anything i want to play that i don't just own already legitimately lol i'm more leaning towards an everdrive 64 cuz there's lots of n64 oddities i'm never gonna buy

anyway, naw that's about what a used one goes for; you can get a new one for like $80 right now lol. but the 2ds is hella dumb looking; honestly its designed for children who dont give a shit and will likely be tossing it across the room regularly. i'd hold out for the $100 New 3ds deal if you're gonna get one

rdl

strongbad

Quote from: ADX on November 08, 2016, 04:26:33 PM
oot cartridge doesn't work :|

fuck are you srs dude? if it still doesnt work after cleaning it ill give you your money back

rdl

oh jk the alcohol swabbing worked, thanks snowy!  happydood; happydood;

rdl

i shouldve spent the evening playing oot but i did not, instead spent it trying to learn like some kind of fucking nerd.

wouldve been better for my headache. what do you guys think, i have like a 20" lcd that i could play the old n64 games on or i have like some 10" CRT I could bring to my room and play oot on that. the lcd does a cool scanlines type thing which helps but the edges are all still super jaggy. and the colors are too bright.

YPrrrr

Well the one bright spot today

I got you package David! I didn't even know I was getting a fight stick that's pretty cool I've never had much interest but it's cool how it really plays like the arcade

Also ICO and Gauntlet! Very cool; I never played Ico and Gauntlet is always fun with friends. It'll let my PS3 flex its backward compatibility

Thanks again dood!

strongbad

Quote from: YPargh on November 08, 2016, 10:55:05 PM
Well the one bright spot today

I got you package David! I didn't even know I was getting a fight stick that's pretty cool I've never had much interest but it's cool how it really plays like the arcade

Also ICO and Gauntlet! Very cool; I never played Ico and Gauntlet is always fun with friends. It'll let my PS3 flex its backward compatibility

Thanks again dood!

yeah that stick is actually pretty hardcore hopefully you get more use out of it than i did

glad you liked your stuff hocuspocus;

@RDX
it would definitely look better on a crt unless you do weird mods to your n64

C.Mongler

oh i should have checked this thread oops yeah alcohol swabs are a god send for n64 contacts. half my games dont play anymore without a pre-gaming alcohol bath beforehand; it's very very common these days

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 09, 2016, 07:45:23 AM
oh i should have checked this thread oops yeah alcohol swabs are a god send for n64 contacts. half my games dont play anymore without a pre-gaming alcohol bath beforehand; it's very very common these days

These dark days..

Hiro

well shit
FFT, LTTP, Harvest Moon, any of the Ratchet & Clank games, UmJammer Lammy, the Saturn, Megaman Anniversary, and Goof Troop all interested me

strongbad

Quote from: ƕɾο on November 17, 2016, 12:12:43 PM
well shit
FFT, LTTP, Harvest Moon, any of the Ratchet & Clank games, UmJammer Lammy, the Saturn, Megaman Anniversary, and Goof Troop all interested me

yeah too l8 m8 i could have given you most of those

Go Up