October 07, 2024, 03:18:14 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i just got a new monitor at work

Started by C.Mongler, August 30, 2016, 09:04:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

strongbad

Socks

wtf that's nothing special, wait until i use my banana for scale.

also no wireless keyboard and mouse. peon.

Daddy

tfw I need monitors that are like 1440p or something

also the color of the image looks weird. i think it was the whitebalance on my camera

C.Mongler

wireless keyboards and mice are maybe the worst tech invention ever created

they tried to pawn those pieces of shit off on me

i refused because i am not a slave to nonfunctional technology

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 01, 2016, 08:33:27 AM
wireless keyboards and mice are maybe the worst tech invention ever created

they tried to pawn those pieces of shit off on me

i refused because i am not a slave to nonfunctional technology

agreed

also nice razr keyboard JMY doodella;

Socks

what cuz i gotta put a battery in the wireless lol, it is visually more pleasing. i hate cords. i always tie them up or straighten them out along edges and seams out of sight or eliminate them completely. my room is cable free, visually.

squirrelfriend

if you're in an office with hundreds of wireless keyboards, you'll have problems

strongbad

Quote from: Socks on September 01, 2016, 06:11:10 PM
what cuz i gotta put a battery in the wireless lol, it is visually more pleasing. i hate cords. i always tie them up or straighten them out along edges and seams out of sight or eliminate them completely. my room is cable free, visually.

batteries are less energy efficient and time efficient (changing them) and you face more potential problems with bluetooth connectivity than a straight usb connection

and wireless mouses seem to burn through batters like nobody's business

don't let's

Most of them I've had seem to last a month or so, but I've got this one logitech mouse that last at least 6 months or more of pretty much heavy daily use on a single battery.

Socks

yeah mine last for months and i use em everyday for like 8+ hours. also no bluetooth, i have a little usb plug for both mouse and computer and never had any issues. did someone mention energy efficient and time consuming lol, yeah, the 10 seconds it takes me once every 5 months to change the battery is really such a drag.

squirrelfriend

BATTERIES POISON THE ENVIRONMENT WITH HEAVY METALS DUN DUN DUN
...so that's why i switched to rechargeables to lessen the necessary evils

squirrelfriend

pros of wireless keyboards and mouses: don't have to use up my only usb port for a hub

squirrelfriend

Cons:
Quote from: squirrelfriend on September 01, 2016, 06:12:47 PM
if you're in an office with hundreds of wireless keyboards, you'll have problems

also "input lag" but that's only concerning if you are into gaming, which is a net productivity killer

don't let's

Not having giant doodthing with "not a tooth" underneath as your work wallpapers awdood;

Go Up