April 27, 2024, 02:24:11 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MUSHROOMS

Started by strongbad, April 21, 2016, 01:22:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

i realized recently that I REALLY like mushrooms
and no not the drug ones but those are fun too

i don't really know how to get into mushrooms, though. like when i order food and it has them in it i am stoked but what are easy dishes that fellow mushroom enthusiasts make? how do you make them? do you roast them? saute them? help pls

Mando Pandango

stir fry all day nigga

Basically any dish centered around rice or pasta is made better with mushrooms
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

what kind of mushrooms are standard and good to buy?
like you just slice them up and stir fry them up with other veggies and rice or something?

reading about the nutrition facts they sound like super good for you too

i'm stoked!

silvertone

i usually get the cheap crimini mushrooms and chop em up and saute them w/ butter adn garlic +w/e else im making. they're good in wine sauces too.

if you're making some kind of ramen i reccomend getting ENOKI mushrooms, they're cheap and good.

portobellos are also good standard ones.

mushrooms = ist kreig. put them in everything imo.

i wanna be a mushmaster someday, but now im jsut mushrooman Standard.

C.Mongler

how do i enjoy mushrooms like i don't hate them but they're always just that thing in my dish that is squishy and doesn't really taste like anything in particular

i just wanna love a mushroom ya know whats a good mushroom

??????

i only really like mushrooms when they're paired with a crispier vegetable
i should make them in conjunction with sweetpeas

don't let's

Mushrooms are disgusting imo

strongbad

You just gotta try them in the right dish
I used to hate them but then I had some in this dank Thai soup that were amazing and now they taste good on everything

snoorkel

shiitake are tasty and great for cooking, no secret. and the other kinds that are smaller and slender like shiitake. good for stir fries n eating with rice. shiitake must be ultimate best for dishes with sauces.

can't beat some fresh white mushrooms (cremini?) chopped in a salad

silvertone

@booger brain. you once told me of a mushroom soup you made. i have money now and want to make tell me it now. thank you

Mando Pandango

April 21, 2016, 05:16:14 PM #12 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:50:55 PM by YPR Classic
Ban mushroom lovers from thread pls
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

MAGIC mushrooms heheheheh

snoorkel

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on April 21, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
Sometimes I buy some huge portobello caps and marinate them and just fry them up as mushroom burgers. They're really great.

nice idea  baddood;

Go Up