June 05, 2024, 06:17:14 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

WITCHER 3 GENERAL

Started by C.Mongler, January 20, 2016, 07:30:34 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

holy shit combat is frustrating

[spoiler]but i kinda like it[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

almost 15 hours in, this game is fucking great. the quests are well written, the world feels dynamic and meaty, it's honestly the best RPG i've played since like maybe Morrowind or FFIX (tho FFIX is obvs a different kinda rpg). it barely feels like i've scratched the surface of the world too, honestly not sure if i'll be playing this shit for the rest of my life or not

only gripe is the combat takes a little too long to get used to, which is what throws a lot of nay-sayers off from this game, but i think it's rewarding and fun once you get the hang of it, it just requires a lot of rolling around and pressin buttans and usin' oils.

like i just chased a ghost fetus around the countryside WHAT FUCKIN GAME DOES THAT  happydood;

don't let's

I got 2 free on GOG at some point and played a few minutes. And then I got 1 for like $1.25 and I've been playing that off and on and have sunk a lot of time into it but I'm still only a little ways into it, I think. I'll probably get 3 when the director's cut comes out and it gets dirt cheap in some sale on GOG.

don't let's

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on January 23, 2016, 10:27:58 PM
nevermind i actually read the thread after i posted that

ok
Actually reading threads...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

C.Mongler

Quote from: … on January 26, 2016, 04:18:46 PM
I got 2 free on GOG at some point and played a few minutes. And then I got 1 for like $1.25 and I've been playing that off and on and have sunk a lot of time into it but I'm still only a little ways into it, I think. I'll probably get 3 when the director's cut comes out and it gets dirt cheap in some sale on GOG.

game of the year edition is probably 6 months+ off, and a sub 20 GOTY edition is probably almost 2 years I'd say, based on how stingy they've been with witcher 3's price thus far. i got it for 30, but im completely satisfied with that.

i have 2 and never played it, but i might consider going back and trying it once i finish 3. which god knows when that will be at this rate as according to a FAQ table of contents im about 10% done with the main story at 16 hours in lol

C.Mongler

holy shit guys if u got this game and u puttin it off GET TO FUCKIN PLAYING

i'm a smidgen shy of 20 hours, and i must say, this might be the best RPG I have EVER played. it's hands down the best game from 2015, and quite possibly the best game in the past decade. it's that fucking good. the world is so good. every quest feels meaningful, challenging, and unique. and there's SO MANY OF THEM. the cities feel alive. the characters are all really well written and dynamic and amazing and holy shit i love this game

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 29, 2016, 06:17:03 AM
holy shit guys if u got this game and u puttin it off GET TO FUCKIN PLAYING

i'm a smidgen shy of 20 hours, and i must say, this might be the best RPG I have EVER played. it's hands down the best game from 2015, and quite possibly the best game in the past decade. it's that fucking good. the world is so good. every quest feels meaningful, challenging, and unique. and there's SO MANY OF THEM. the cities feel alive. the characters are all really well written and dynamic and amazing and holy shit i love this game
I just started it a bit ago.

GET OFF MY DICK  madood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

thank goodness i will have someone to participate in a thread with

i dunno if you've played a witcher before, if you have this probably need not apply, but if you feel yourself gettin bored KEEP PUSHIN it gets better and starts pretty slow

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 29, 2016, 07:32:57 AM
thank goodness i will have someone to participate in a thread with

i dunno if you've played a witcher before, if you have this probably need not apply, but if you feel yourself gettin bored KEEP PUSHIN it gets better and starts pretty slow
Quote from: Commander Fuckass on January 23, 2016, 07:29:59 PM
played 1-2

read the first 3 books

starting The Witcher III soon

Im fuckin pumped
sillydood;

C.Mongler

hah this guy thinks i read threads

Commander Fuckass

C.Mongler

yeah the soundtrack is THE TITS it was the first thing that jumped out to me when i purchased dis game

Hiro

Need to play 1 & 2 and I have the books too so
but idk if my computer will run III and no ps4

Commander Fuckass

Just got to Novigrad and found Triss

tbh this is probably one of the best RPGs I've played in a long while. played it for almost 5 hours the other days just doing Witcher contracts and shit

Commander Fuckass

ARRIVED IN SKELLIGE AND AM NOW WITH YENN

Go Up