May 03, 2024, 07:43:35 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of gaming

Started by reeper, October 03, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

C.Mongler

still dont even know what that game is so who cares lol

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 26, 2016, 06:33:54 PM

how i feel about like 70% of boyah gaming discussion :(

C.Mongler

Quote from: antmaster5000 on May 27, 2016, 01:26:57 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on May 26, 2016, 06:33:54 PM

how i feel about like 70% of boyah gaming discussion :(

i just mean literally the dev team has been purposefully vague about what this game even is, and it seems like vidja press has just kind of taken the vague concepts and ran with them to be like GUYS IT'S GOING TO BE EVERYTHING when i think the dev team were trying to have people NOT hold that impression so they didnt get dissapointed and now it's probably going to backfire lol

Snowy

I think all you do is explore? I have no idea because no one has said anything about it. Like it randomly generates planets so that every planet is ~unique~ but I read a review a month or so ago saying that after the 3rd planet it gets boring. I don't know how they're asking for $60 for this game since it's barely worth more than $20 at most.

Thyme

squirrelfriend

is no man's sky basically littlebigplanet: flight simulator

Kalahari Inkantation

May 27, 2016, 09:07:45 PM #132 Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:05:54 PM by Tectron
reminder of what the average no man's sky impression looks/sounds like:

Quote from: Tectron on March 04, 2016, 01:43:56 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkplUsR2z6E[/youtube]

'i wandered around aimlessly for a bit, uttered an inquisitive 'hm' at an arbitrary anomaly, and then left to do the same ad infinitum on some other generic planet'

'i hope it lives up to its expectations' is a euphemism for 'i fear this would become boring within an hour'

where is the $60 worth of depth here

what is the incentive for exploring beyond empty gazing at random objects

no man's sky would make an absolutely brilliant template for a game like mass effect or something, but as of right now it just seems like a framework without any inherent purpose of its own

i am so looking forward to seeing this game's metacritic scores lol

i mean seriously, what else could 'i sure hope it lives up to its expectations.........' really mean except that it presently doesn't lol

strongbad

looks like it could make a really sick roguelite if it had permadeath (maybe it does?) and some kind of point

Go Up