May 18, 2024, 07:45:55 PM

1,531,627 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of gaming

Started by The artist formally known, October 03, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7H-Zasq9c[/youtube]

wow, it's....... literally nothing

and yet insecure fanboys still go out of their way to justify their $60 spore knockoff

QuoteWe work hard, hope, dream, and wonder about the destinations in life. We push forward into further and better horizons. We want to make it. We want to get there. We spend our lives saving money, buying cars, toys, and materials. We go to bed early so we can wake up tomorrow in a better version of reality.
And when we make it there, when we have all the items our perfect lives, when we finally make it to retirement, what is there left?
We will always strive for greener grass, and sweeter fruit, and in doing so we will surely never find it.
No Man's Sky eloquently portrays the existential crisis of the human experience. The journey of the soul trying to make its infinitesimal footprint in the inconceivable universe before being spaghettified into a black hole.
10/10 this game makes me think.

deep

watch out guys, we've got another carl degrasse sagan in the making here

QuoteThis is an intellectual game. Made by intellectual people. Your misunderstanding the advertising. This is in the game. Not litterally. In a lore sense. Your delusional if you took this as litteral.
If you honestly think that Murray lied and it's all his fault, you obviously have never had a job before. Because if you did you would realize that sometimes there are rules, and pressure from people above you. If you can't understand that this is a more complicated issue that one person, than I'm over talking about it.
Life is not black and white
You are looking at this at face value.
If there is someone accused of a crime, you sentence them AFTER the trial. Once all the information has come out. In this situation your condemning someone on the stand, before they've had the right to defend themselves.
Barbarism would be an accurate way to describe that thought pattern.

squirrelfriend

wouldn't this game violate some advertising laws or smth

TooB

Hiro

game still looks about as fun to me as it always has, which is to say p. decent for under $30 but i never understood any of the hype ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

strongbad

Quote from: Tectron on September 09, 2016, 06:42:30 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7H-Zasq9c[/youtube]

wow, it's....... literally nothing

and yet insecure fanboys still go out of their way to justify their $60 spore knockoff

QuoteWe work hard, hope, dream, and wonder about the destinations in life. We push forward into further and better horizons. We want to make it. We want to get there. We spend our lives saving money, buying cars, toys, and materials. We go to bed early so we can wake up tomorrow in a better version of reality.
And when we make it there, when we have all the items our perfect lives, when we finally make it to retirement, what is there left?
We will always strive for greener grass, and sweeter fruit, and in doing so we will surely never find it.
No Man's Sky eloquently portrays the existential crisis of the human experience. The journey of the soul trying to make its infinitesimal footprint in the inconceivable universe before being spaghettified into a black hole.
10/10 this game makes me think.

deep

watch out guys, we've got another carl degrasse sagan in the making here

QuoteThis is an intellectual game. Made by intellectual people. Your misunderstanding the advertising. This is in the game. Not litterally. In a lore sense. Your delusional if you took this as litteral.
If you honestly think that Murray lied and it's all his fault, you obviously have never had a job before. Because if you did you would realize that sometimes there are rules, and pressure from people above you. If you can't understand that this is a more complicated issue that one person, than I'm over talking about it.
Life is not black and white
You are looking at this at face value.
If there is someone accused of a crime, you sentence them AFTER the trial. Once all the information has come out. In this situation your condemning someone on the stand, before they've had the right to defend themselves.
Barbarism would be an accurate way to describe that thought pattern.

and yet people who never planned on purchasing it will still go out of their way to justify not purchasing it

C.Mongler

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 10, 2016, 05:54:15 PM
and yet people who never planned on purchasing it will still go out of their way to justify not purchasing it

lol david with the sick burns

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on September 11, 2016, 09:58:11 AM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 10, 2016, 05:54:15 PM

lol david with the sick burns

i like to whine about whiners who whine about whiners :3

Kalahari Inkantation

unfortunately no amount of whining i could ever hope to do would have been enough to prevent a game like this from selling absolute gangbusters entirely on its marketing

https://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-best-selling-steam-game/
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/09/13/no-mans-sky-was-the-best-selling-game-on-playstation-store-last-month/

jesus christ

Kalahari Inkantation

on the plus side, nearly everyone quickly realized just how shallow the game is and how unapologetically misleading its marketing was, and right now not even 1000 people are still playing lol

http://steamcharts.com/app/275850

too bad that doesn't matter at all to the devs, they've already made out like bandits

But at least I can take solace in knowing that I'm not the only one who found their marketing deceptiveness particularly egregious. The devs are under investigation for false advertising. happydood;

https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/28/no-mans-sky-investigated-false-advertising/

Kalahari Inkantation

the sorry state of gaming:

http://alwaysnintendo.com/metroid-prime-federation-force-bombs-sales-worldwide/

lol

of course, nintendo will interpret these figures as evidence that metroid must be permanently retired (despite the explosion of metroidvanias on the indie scene, which emerged from the ashes of starved metroid fans)

and honestly, considering that they've consistently demonstrated that they are absolutely clueless about how to handle the franchise, that's probably for the best

TooB

Sadly, its true. We'll have to look to indie developers  (and hopefully, HOPEFULLY Bloodstained) for our metroidvania fix.

Kalahari Inkantation

i hate having to look to indies for anything but i really don't have any other options with this particular genre saddood;

C.Mongler

bloodstained looks sick i hope it's sick and not mighty no 9 of castlevania

don't let's

[YouTube]4Mf5MG6xUMM[/YouTube]

Well then

Go Up